Stacking large mosa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Stacking large mosaic really slow registering (new user)

4 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@mbalkham)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi there

Trying to stitch a 9 panel mosaic (447 light frames). Following Sara's tutorial on this site. So far taken 14hours and only 59% registered. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?!

Running MacBook Pro 2.3GHz i7 with 16GB Ram.

Thanks in advance 

This topic was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Matt Balkham

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

Hi Matt,

This is normal mostly because all 447 frames are checked for overlapping areas etc in the registration phase. I would advise to stack all 9 panels individually and then create the mosaic from the 9 stacked panels.

HTH, Wouter

ReplyQuote
(@chrispeace)
Red Giant

Matt

I agree with Wouter.  I had a similar experience trying to make a 4 panel mosaic by loading all the subs and hitting integrate. This is not the most efficient and quick way to do it.  Whilst I had other issues with APP’s outputs you might find Mabula’s concise guidance on mosaic workflow here helpful.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/pig-and-fish-images-are-not-funny-mabula-quite-rude-really-2/#post-10357

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yep, making panels first is the best and might even produce better results as the statistics become extremely complicated when doing this from all separate frames.

ReplyQuote
Share: