Stacking large mosa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

9 July 2020 - APP 1.082 has been released which contains one important bug fix. 1.082 has full Fujifilm RAF support, so that includes SuperCCD & X-Trans camera's 🙂 !

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Stacking large mosaic really slow registering (new user)  

RSS

(@mbalkham)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
May 9, 2020 22:27  

Hi there

Trying to stitch a 9 panel mosaic (447 light frames). Following Sara's tutorial on this site. So far taken 14hours and only 59% registered. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?!

Running MacBook Pro 2.3GHz i7 with 16GB Ram.

Thanks in advance 

This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by Matt Balkham

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Neutron Star Customer
May 10, 2020 03:09  

Hi Matt,

This is normal mostly because all 447 frames are checked for overlapping areas etc in the registration phase. I would advise to stack all 9 panels individually and then create the mosaic from the 9 stacked panels.

HTH, Wouter

(@chrispeace)
Main Sequence Star Customer
May 10, 2020 06:43  

Matt

I agree with Wouter.  I had a similar experience trying to make a 4 panel mosaic by loading all the subs and hitting integrate. This is not the most efficient and quick way to do it.  Whilst I had other issues with APP’s outputs you might find Mabula’s concise guidance on mosaic workflow here helpful.

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/pig-and-fish-images-are-not-funny-mabula-quite-rude-really-2/#post-10357

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
May 10, 2020 15:01  

Yep, making panels first is the best and might even produce better results as the statistics become extremely complicated when doing this from all separate frames.

ReplyQuote
Share: