What better setting...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

9 July 2020 - APP 1.082 has been released which contains one important bug fix. 1.082 has full Fujifilm RAF support, so that includes SuperCCD & X-Trans camera's 🙂 !

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

What better setting to have less background noise?  

RSS

(@astrolab68)
White Dwarf Customer
May 8, 2020 16:19  
HI. I am new and every day, I ask some new questions.
Using a color ASI071, which setting and where do I find it, to have the least possible noise during the shooting? If possible, then is there a way to reduce it after integrating?

Thanks!!!

Dario

ReplyQuote
 Davm
(@davm)
Main Sequence Star Customer
May 8, 2020 16:55  

With my 071 mc pro I use 0 gain and 90 gain, depending on conditions and target, together with MANY light frames! Always -5C

Very little noise after stacking

Regards

Dave

This post was modified 2 months ago by Davm

(@astrogee)
Red Giant Customer
May 9, 2020 20:09  

Take a look at the Dynamic Range (DR) graph in your camera spec. This graph shows the DR you will get at a given gain. It includes all camera noise factors. The more DR, the less the noise. You may like to follow a video I just created today on proper exposure. It should be available soon.

Share: