Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Some Errors

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@elgol)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

hello,

anyone know why this occurs?

error1

tried to save the stack, using W10 with 32gb RAM and SSD with 100gb working space. should be no problem right?

regards stefan

ReplyQuote
(@elgol)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

cannot change the amount of memory APP uses of my pc! stays to 2gb, what is this?!

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for reporting this.

The error shown in the screenshot does not seem to indicate it’s an out of memory problem. Maybe you can share the console details as well and a screenshot of all the frame details in the bottom panel when the error occurs?

The memory maximum that you can let APP use is your MEM – 1GB. If you adjust it using the CFG button. You need to restart APP to let it take effect. Let me know if that helps.

Maybe you can indicate at what moment your are trying to save your stack, so I have a clearer indication when this error occurs?

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@sil)
Main Sequence Star

The java error is common for me to, I've never used a stable java app, useless language. Might have one waiting at home when I get home. Sometimes the processing just continues, sometimes it aborts and restarting works without it reappearing. No screen shots kept.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Steve,

The java error is common for me to, I've never used a stable java app, useless language.

I don't think this is a very fair comment.

For instance, Java is used by all major banks worldwide because of platform independence and robustness. In a business setting that needs very high reliability and security standards across a very big network, JAVA is by far market leader. So it's not very useless at all I would argue.

Bugs that you encounter in a java APP are to be blamed on the developer, so in this case, you need to blame me and not Java I think ;-(.

If you report the error that you encounter with console output, in most cases I can solve the issue within a couple of days. And all bugs that are reported are handled by me with high priority. So please, don't blame Java, blame me, the developer, and report the error so I can solve it 😉

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@sil)
Main Sequence Star

I work for a large government department that builds java programs, I stand by my statement of it compared to other languages. My feeling is these out of bounds java popups are related to your error handling, they always seem to occur anytime a single frame fails to complete part of a left tab processes and the console reports it finished successfully, but the frames are not labelled accordingly. when you make adjustments and the frames run through properly the java error does not show.

reproducable: grab lights with unround stars (tiny streaking) and run the Analysis step with a kappa of 1.0 and you get the java error, console reports all ok and the frames do not show STARS next to the name. Now change kappa up to 10 or higher and analyse, it should work, no java error, console still reports completed successfully and now the frame names have STARS next to their names as expected. So once one frame doesn't meet the conditions the program doesn't handle that gracefully and throws the java error, would be better if it could do ALL the frames it can successfully and then auto adjust kappa to retry the failures until the set is all good to go to next step.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Thank you Steve,

I'll try to have this handled properly.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: