Register JWST NIR a...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Register JWST NIR and MIRI images? Can't get it to work

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rms401)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have successfully processed JWST NIR data. But, I can't get NIR and MIRI images for HCG 92 (Stephan's Quintet) to register with each other. The sizes and image scales are much different. I have tried many registration options but no luck. Any suggestions?

For my test I used jw02732_o002_t001_miri_f770w_i2d_SCI and jw02732_o001_t001_nircam_clear_f090w_i2d_SCI. Plenty of stars were detected but won't register together.

Thank you,

Randall

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rms401 Can you provide the link to the archive where those images can be downloaded?

ReplyQuote
(@rms401)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I downloaded these from https://mast.stsci.edu/portal/Mashup/Clients/Mast/Portal.html with Advanced Search.

Mission: JWST

Object Name: hcg 92

Instrument: NIRCAM, MIRI

The fits files have image and calibration data files in a single download. The images are already calibrated so the extra fits files can be deleted.

I have images on my laptop if that helps. I would need a place to drop them. It also might not be possible for me to upload the huge NIR files since I have limited internet bandwidth where I live.

Screenshot (35)

Randall

This post was modified 1 year ago by rms401

ReplyQuote
(@rms401)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Wouter, I would also like to be able to register JWST NIR and MIR data with my own images. Attached is a processed NIR of Stepan's Quintet using APP (worked with NIR only) and PI. This is a downsized jpeg. I have tried registering the fits of this with my own LRGB images. I haven't been able to register my LRGB images with an NIR processed image from JWST either.

hcg92 nir HaRGB pi

Is the registration problem because of the great difference in image scales? Will resizing/resampling help?

It would be nice to be able to use the JWST NIR as Lum along with RGB from my CDK14. Or, in other RGB channels with the RGB Combine tool.

This post was modified 1 year ago by rms401

ReplyQuote
Share: