OSC Hb and Sii Proc...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2023-04-17: APP 2.0.0-beta17 has been released !

RAW support for camera color matrix with Bayer Drizzle integration, fixed couple of image viewer issues.

We are very close now to  releasing APP 2.0.0 stable with a complete printable manual...

Astro Pixel Processor Windows 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor macOS Intel 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor macOS Apple M Silicon 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor Linux DEB 64-bit

Astro Pixel Processor Linux RPM 64-bit

OSC Hb and Sii Processing (aka new partner filter from Antlia - Hb & Sii to complement Ha and Oiii)

6 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi,
Antlia have a new filter available for OSCs to allow the user to capture Sii and Hb wavelengths.
Usually the processing for the OSC Ha and Oiii is straight forward with APP.
How does this workflow now work for this new filter? e.g. https://www.firstlightoptics.com/antlia-filters/antlia-alp-t-dual-band-5nm-h-beta-and-sii-filter.html

Screenshot 2023 03 05 at 16.02.38

Thanks,

Kev

ReplyQuote
(@juergenn)
Red Giant

Hi Kev,

I would say use "Ha-OIII extract Ha" to extract the SII data and "Ha-OIII extract OIII" to extract the Hbeta data, since SII should be on the R pixel and Hß the GB pixel (SII has nearly the same wavelength as Ha, same with OIII and Hbeta

Regards

Jürgen

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Jürgen,
That makes sense. Good workaround.

I guess a UI improvement would be easy to implement to have this same process but with the right filter name metadata automatically added to save the manual altering.
Cheers,

Kev

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, that may be a nice thing to do, I'll put it on the list

ReplyQuote
(@juergenn)
Red Giant

One thing I thought about: would it be possible for the OSC-Dualband users to get the extraction with ONE process? So extract the OIII/Ha (or Hb/SII) at once into two files? Since I think most of us always extract both anyway?

ReplyQuote
(@markgodwin)
Hydrogen Atom

@juergenn - One process dual extraction for both Antlia dual band filters (with correct metadata) would be very time saving!

I actually use the Opti L-Ultimate for Ha-OIII, but considering the Antlia due to intermittent halo issues. 

Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: