what is the max lig...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

what is the max light frames for processing and mosaic

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@stefanastro)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hello App members,

From the Netherlands here i am busy with a mosaic project of the Orion nebula, horse and the 3 stars of the orion constellation? I want to try that out, but i have some questions.

I use my William optics GT81 with x0.8 and my ASI 294 MC pro on mt EQ6R pro mount.

About the mosaic that got 6 panels, each of them i did 15x180s with L-pro filter for RGB colours and 18 for HA,OII with my L-enhance dualband filter.

Now is my question is this enough? Because some of them got satellite trials and the Orion constellations is almost behind the house of my neighbours. I got a FOV from the NE until the SW. And Orion is now at 1930PM in the south and getting closer to the SW. 

This week will be sad in the Netherlands, i hope to get some clear skies here next week for each panel for 25 frames with L-enhance.

Is there a tutorail of APP mosaic?

And every help or tip will be awesome. In english or dutch, doesn't matter.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hoi Stefan, ik zal even antwoorden in zowel Nederlands als Engels (voor de andere gebruikers);

- 15 frames per paneel kan prima, echter is dat waarschijnlijk te weinig om goede satelliet sporen weg te poetsen. Zal je moeten proberen, misschien met wat agressievere rejection parameters.
- De totale FOV lijkt wat breed, dat kan behoorlijk lastig zijn soms afhankelijk van de kwaliteit van de data en de projectie.
- Er is een wat ouder voorbeeld van mozaiek processing alhier: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/mosaic-tutorial-milky-way-to-rho-ophiuchi-by-mabula/
- Een handleiding wordt aan gewerkt met als doel deze in de 2.0 stable release uit te brengen.

English:
- 15 frames per panel is fine, but that is probably too little to remove good satellite traces. You have to try maybe with more aggressive rejection parameters.
- The total FOV seems a bit wide, which can be quite difficult at times depending on the quality of the data and the projection.
- There is a somewhat older example of mosaic processing here: https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/mosaic-tutorial-milky-way-to-rho-ophiuchi-by-mabula/
- A manual is being worked on with the aim of releasing it in the 2.0 stable release.

Succes en bij vragen kan je altijd hier terecht!

Stefan Rang reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stefanastro)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod dank je wel/thanks. 

Het FOV wat ik bedoelde Is mijn vrije zicht vanuit mijn tuin van NO tot ZW. Orion is nu in zuid. 

Ik hoop nog op wat heldere avonden om nog voldoende light frames te krijgen.

Wat is het maximum aantal ligth frames om de satelliet sporen weg te krijgen?

English:

The FOV what i mean is the free aight i have from my garden, from NE until SW.

what is the maximum of light frames to remove the satellite trails? 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Er is niet echt een maximum, eerder een minimum. Het hangt ook af van de hoeveelheid aan sporen in totaal. Maar in principe heb je vanaf 30 frames vrij goede rejection.

ReplyQuote
(@stefanastro)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod okay dank je wel. Dan is het alleen maar nog hopen dat er nog wat heldere avonden komen. Dank voor al je hulp

ReplyQuote
Share: