2022-08-17: APP 2.0.0-beta3 has been released !
Download links per platform:
Multiple camera/scopes processing
I'm trying to integrate a small detail taken with a long focal length scope with another image of the same object taken with a wide FOV scope/camera. I can get APP integration to finish, but it's not merging the two images. I have multi-channel/filter options set to integrate all. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Here's an answer Mabula gave recently, I think you can load the integrated results of both FOV's into 1 session.
What i would recommend is the following:
1) just like a mosaic, make integrations per field of view first for the different telescopes.
2) use the wide field image of the apo as reference
3) set scale factor in 6)integrate to such a factor that you preserve the pixel scale of the longer focal length data. That factor is simply :
image scale short focal length data / image scale long focal length data
4) If the wide field image contains all objects that you shot with the long focal length, you don't need to use mosaic registration, you can use normal registration mode.
5) in star analysis, you need to bump up the star count to 2000-3000 probably
5) in registration, increase scale stop to a higher level until registration works of all frames, if the data is diificult, it might be needed to use triangles instead of quadrilaterals.
6) In integrating, i would simply us the quality for weight, it will prefere the data with the best stars probably, otherwise, use star shape as metric for weights.
That's great information. Thanks Vincent and Mabula!
However, my FSQ106 with 16803 camera has a pixel scale of 4.74 and my long focal length camera/scope has a pixel scale of .62 arcsec/px. which comes out to a scale factor of 7.645.
APP only goes up to 3.0.
So in my case, would this huge difference in pixel scale be out of the range that APP could process properly?
I'll have to ask Mabula about that as I never combined those scales before.
Ok, so it is indeed tricky with a factor of over 7, you'd have to tweak the register options. It's important that the widefield has a lot of identified stars and the scale should then be increased, try triangles instead of quads and when you see distortion happening, increase the distortion margin a bit as well.
Could you maybe upload the data that you want to combine? It would be very nice for us to test APP with. Just the integrated results per telescope is fine, do make sure they are the linear stacks, no other processing.