Mosaic with pre-ali...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Mosaic with pre-alignmented Panels

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@stasv)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi all! I'm here for the first time.

Usually I work in PixInsight. But there are reasons to try APP. Now I am working on a large mosaic of 55 panels. I have 55 LRGB well star pre-aligned master light panels (see example attached) with a black background outside the panel borders. A GradientMergeMosaic process in PI produces poor results. Is there a feature in the APP that will allow me to merge such a pre-aligned panels?

I ask the question becaus

Panel sample

e in the tutorial materials on APP I see complex way Alignment + Merge. I did not find any materials for merging pre-aligned panels.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Is the black border also part of the image? I don't think that would work. You can easily test APP itself for the mosaic, but I'd suggest to use the created panels from PI in APP (so just the integrated panels and not the above ones) and set it up for a mosaic like so:

1. Increase the stars target to 1000 in tab 3 at least.
2. Tab 4, scale start to 5, scale stop to 10, switch off "same camera and optics"
3. Mosaic registration mode
4. If you have all info on your setup you can opt for a calibrated projective, this can speed up the mosaic creation
5. Tab 5, normalize to advanced

6. LNC on as well as MBB, you can opt to switch off LNC for just the test as that can take a long time

ReplyQuote
(@stasv)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  
Posted by: @vincent-mod

Is the black border also part of the image?

Yes, because these panels are already registered in the size of the overall mosaic

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@stasv Do you still have the 55 panels that you registered in PixInsight? With those you can create a mosaic in APP, not with the ones containing the black borders you got after registering them in PI.

ReplyQuote
Share: