Mixing dual/triple ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Mixing dual/triple band filters with an OSC

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@avocette)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

I have been experimenting with three Optolong filters (L-Pro, L-eNhance and L-eXtreme) to try to get the most out of the (for me) difficult targets of the gamma Cassiopeia nebulas IC59 and IC63 which are close by the star that names them. I have captured 20 or so 240 secs images with each filter, and stacked each group in APP with good results. I have decided that I like the L-eNhance result best, but wish to combine in at least some of the L-eXtreme images. When I try just a combined stack, treating the groups as different sessions, I am warned that there are registration errors, and most of the second group of images are rejected. Is there a better way of combining the results, or should I modify the registration parameters (which I normally leave in default values). Thanks for your suggestions.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@avocette What version of APP are you using? If 1.083-beta2, can you try with 1.083-beta? There are some glitches in registration in 1.083-beta2.

ReplyQuote
(@avocette)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

@wvreeven Yes, I am using 1083-Beta2. Fine, I’ll have a go with the earlier Beta.

ReplyQuote
(@avocette)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

No further issues with my combined filter session using 1082-beta1! 😀 

ReplyQuote
Share: