What's Best To USE ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

What's Best To USE for Dual Narrowband Processing?

5 Posts
2 Users
5 Likes
(@dalepenkala)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hello,

I'm getting ready to process a project on Abell 39 and I used my IDAS NBZ dual narrow band filter to collect all the data. I'm wondering what is the best algorithm to process this data. My guess is the Ha/OIII Color algorithm in tab 0. 

I had also thought that I could do a HOO using this data too but I've never done that so I don't quite know the workflow for that algorithm. I looked in the "Tutorials & Workflows" forum but didn't see anything unless I just missed it.

Any advise would be very much appriciated.

Thanks!

Dale

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@dalepenkala Hi Dale. If you simply are looking for a basic HOO color image then the Ha-OIII color im age indeed is best.

If you want to be able to create your own HOO image, meaning you want to play with the contributions of Ha and OIII to the various color channels, then Ha-OIII extracht Ha followed by Ha-OIII extract OIII would be best. For those, simply load your data as you normally would and select the Ha-OIII extract Ha algorithm in tab 0. Then go to tab 6 and click integrate. Then return to tab 0 and select Ha-OIII extract OIII and immediately return to tab 6 and click integrate again. You will be asked if you want to renomlize the images to which you should answer yes. When done you can go to the Tools tab and select "combine RGB" to create your own HOO mage. You can use the HOO 1 or HOO 2 formulae for that and then play with the sliders until you get the result that you want.

Dale Penkala reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dalepenkala)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

Hello Wouter,

Ok thank you for your response. I kinda figured that would be the process but just wanted to get confirmation on how to do it.

FYI I was able to get this done and I also used both file formats per our PM and everything worked out great! I did just as you told me 😀 

Here is the result.

Dale

163B478C 59CD 4EA5 A4C8 D0508CE9D9FE

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@dalepenkala That is a stunning image. Well done!

Dale Penkala reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dalepenkala)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@wvreeven

Thank you Wouter! You have definitely helped me in many ways to get this!

Dale

ReplyQuote
Share: