Light pollution too...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Light pollution tool before or after RGB combine for monochrome

4 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@tbar23)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hi - I tried a simple two panel mosaic on Christmas Eve of M45 in LRGB. I'm following Mabula's sticky'd multi-part mosaic tutorial. One obvious difference is that I am working in monochrome whereas the tutorial data is OSC.

I've spent a bunch of time using light pollution tool on my first integration panel (luminance). Now I'm wondering whether I should be combining data before running the light pollution tool??

Background calibration doesn't work on monochrome data, right?

ReplyQuote
(@nicholas64)
Red Giant

@tbar23 Background calibration only works with RGB

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@tbar23 As for light pollution reduction, it really depends on your data. If one mono channel shows a lot more light pollution than the others, you may want to apply it only to that channel. If your data are really nice, you may not need to apply it at all. 

ReplyQuote
(@tbar23)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thanks both. @Wouter-Moderator - that makes sense. If, for instance, my luminance data was all taken in the hour or so following sunset then, perhaps, it would require more light correction to another channel if taken later at night pointed in a direction with less (or different) light pollution.

In my case, my composite image showed a bit of odd coloration, and I suspect that could be due to individually correcting each filter differently. I may try combining the data into RGB before LPC (and also look without any).

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Share: