Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Integration

10 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
 Heno
(@heno)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Why is APP analyzing frames for LNC when "No LNC" has been chosen? This takes a very long time. I can't remember this happening before.

LNC
Integration2
Integrate

Edit:
Even not directly related, this happened with the same dataset after I had saved the splitted and calibrated light files. I pressed Integrate to run the full process and the error occurred.
There after I realized that a process was running in the console window, looked like some form of calibration. 

Error

I decided to shut APP down and start again.

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

It shouldn't indeed, is this happening all the time for you now?

ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I'm not sure, but I think so. At least it has happened a couple of times. I have a huge stack processing right now that will probably take all night, but I'll keep an eye out for this.

ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod I can now confirm that this happens on every integration as the image shows.

LNC1

When this integration finishes I will restart the computer and run a small test just to be sure that there is not some hick-up in the system somewhere.

ReplyQuote
(@ippiu)
Neutron Star

Yes, it happens to me too...

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Mmm, that is weird, thanks for notifying us I will pass this on to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah wait, I think what the console mentions above is something else actually. LNC rejection parameters is different from the LNC normalization correction. That shouldn't take place when switched to "no LNC". I've asked Mabula for a bit of extra clarification.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

And this is indeed the case. So Local Normalization Rejection, as the console mentions, is an outlier rejection algorithm (unique to APP). Local Normalization Correction is for correcting gradients. I agree, can be confusing as the names are very similar. 🙂

ReplyQuote
 Heno
(@heno)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks for the clarification. Really got me confused at least. Is this new to 1.083? I can't remember seeing this before. 

It may just be my imagination, but has there been any other changes to the integration module lately? Especially on the part of the process where APP says Integrating pixels, and is counting. As I remember it, it used to be faster. But it is probably just me being impatient. 😀 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No it shouldn't be changed really. Maybe there is more output now in the console about it, in general the speed of APP has improved quite a bit since the previous versions. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: