IDAS D1 light pollu...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

IDAS D1 light pollution filter

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

S how well does background correction work on the blue tint of the idas lpd1?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@gregwrca,

Do you mean gradient/light pollution correction? Or background calibration?

For instance, I have used a Baader UHC-s filter in a lot of my own data and I have never seen problems with regards to background correction/calibration.

The filter won't prevent APP from getting a nice neutral background. The filters will have influence on overall colors of course, but this won't prevent APP from getting a good neutral background.

The Star Color Calibration tool is the most important step to get the colors right in the stars and nebula. Do share your data on the forum and I will help with how you need to set the parameters for Star Color Calibration. The slope and constant values in the Black Body Star Color Calibration actually depend on the filters that were used 😉

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole
Topic starter  

Great info and thank you. As soon as I get to use this filter I'll let you know how it works out. Right now I have a hydrogen Alpha filter on my modded DSLR. I'm having trouble when I combine RGB with with the hydrogen Alpha data my stars end up being red. Is there a way to protect them while registering the two frames together?

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

@gregwrca,

Protecting in registration is not an option.

If the stars become too red, then you will need increase the multipliers of Blue and Green to counter that 😉 (or reduce the multipliers of both Red and H-alpha)

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: