Getting rid of colo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Getting rid of colour gradients caused by camera Led lights

4 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@nsousa)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Hi,

I just realised my flats are ruined because of my camera's red LED lights when using the Hyperstar. I used to have them covered with black tape, but had to remove the tape and forgot to put it back, ruining 3 nights of perfect conditions to photograph M101's supernova (rookie mistakes, which I'm prone to make a lot of).

So, when I stack I get these horrible colour gradients in my photos. A gree hue on the left hand side and a purple hue on the right hand side.

Can I get rid of them?

Here's an example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oW6anLUyrcN1z3asrk5p9yPmgCx7rFHI/view?usp=sharing

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Nelson @nsousa,

I would think that it can be correct mostly with the Remove Light Pollution Tool, an explanation is here:

https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/part-4-light-pollution-correction-and-background-calibration-of-the-mosaic-tutorial-milky-way-to-rho-ophiuchi-by-mabula/

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@nsousa)
Molecular Cloud
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply, I'll test the light polution tool. Where's the best place to put the squares? Only in areas with light I want to remove? Or a few also on areas without noticeable issues? I know about the "avoid nebulosity" rule.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The best way to do this is to place them a bit all over the place (and I'm talking about 5-10 squares to begin with) in areas without any nebulosity. Avoid placing them directly on the problem areas, first check what the tool does. Then slowly add squares towards the problem area, checking each time the result.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: