Flat panel vignetti...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Flat panel vignetting correction

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@jbrazio)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I saw this interesting video about the analysis of a flat panel

In a nutshell you take a flat image and divide it by its 2nd degree Polynomial Surface Fit, then by looking at the histogram, specially the standard deviation vs the mean will give you an idea how "flat" your panel really is.

My flat panel is illuminated from the sides, which makes it darker on the center, you can only notice this with very slow shutter speeds. This specific case of vignetting effect is a property of the panel and not of my image train, my image train will introduce a second layer of vignetting.

My panel light source is even to around 1.1%.

As this "second" layer of vignetting is only present when I use my flat panel a not on my data, is it possible to correct for it and leave only the vignetting from the imaging train ?

ReplyQuote
Share: