Stretch issue = pro...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Stretch issue = processing problem?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@atestani)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Several of us are collaborating on a Rho Ophichus region image and are running tests now before a large imaging run.  I am trying to use APP and one other is using PixInsight (PI).  The third is deciding whether to use APP or PI.  I really like APP and have been using it for everything but cannot even register a set of subs I have taken where PI is doing it.  I need some help on what is wrong here.

There are 2 files attached:  a screenshot of the sub loaded into APP and a screenshot of the sub loaded into PI with an STF Autostretch.  The actual FITS file is available here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10e_J0OpNegWlm2q0re-D-TjCDVVPKXjc/view?usp=sharing

The only way I can see much of anything in the APP image viewer is to set the white point down to ~0.03 and then all the detail is washed out.  

Am I doing something wrong?

APP
PI

ReplyQuote
(@mestutters)
Neutron Star

Hi,

Was curious about your image.  I find that I can see the image by:

a)  Setting the ST slider full left  that the value shows as 0 -  at this point the image display is showing as all white

b)  With the ST slider still selected, giving a single press to the Right Arrow Key - at this point the ST display is still showing 0.

It seems the data is there but for some reason APP's viewer is not giving the data an appropriate stretch.  I think by using the cursor control keys to set the ST value, I am setting a lower value than the least increment that APP currently is setting programatically :  It takes me 5 Right Arrow key depressions to increase ST to a point that displays (rounds up?)  to a value of 0.00001.

Screenshot 2019 07 08 09.23.19

If I invoke Register Stars with APPs default settings, it detects 472 stars with c1.65 FWHM.

I can see this manual setting would be a pain if one wanted to page through dozens of images for viewing but I'm not sure it would prevent APP from actually processing / integrating a set of data files.

This post was modified 5 years ago 9 times by mestutters

ReplyQuote
Share: