Exception During Mo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Exception During Mosaic Registration

8 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@jamesmrobins)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

I am getting the following exception with registering pre-integrated panels for a mosaic (calibrated projective, scale stop 12, flip descriptors in x/y, use dynamic distortion correction, NOT same camera and options.

clawson reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

What APP version are you using?

ReplyQuote
(@clawson)
Main Sequence Star

I'm seeing the same thing and am running on OSX v10.15.5 (Catalina

Encountered error in module:
OverlapBetweenTwoImageObjectsCreatorWorker

Error message:
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Cause:
null
no trace

Then I upgraded to 1.080 from 1.077.3 which continuously crashed and was deeply unreliable. I then upgraded that to 1.082 and while it didn't crash, I was getting these errors as wel I circled back to v1.077.3 and am now getting these errors there.

I've attached a screen shot of the error and the registration panel. Previously, these setting worked really well with no issues. I can't process any of mosaic data at this point.

Is there any news on this issue or will it be fixed in a new version?

Screen Shot 2020 07 18 at 9.25.31 am
Screen Shot 2020 07 18 at 9.28.05 am
This post was modified 4 years ago by clawson

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Well it doesn’t have to be a bug, it might be a data issue as well that sometimes triggers such an error. For that I would need the data to have a closer look.

ReplyQuote
(@clawson)
Main Sequence Star

@vincent-mod I don't understand how subs can make it this far (with loading, detecting stars etc) then it be a data issue. I'm using the exact same camera, optics, acquisition software I have for a long time now. This is new to the recent version of APP as well as the constant crashing.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, well I'm not saying it's not a bug either, it's something I see a lot when there is something with the data. In your case you're right it usually crashes earlier in the workflow. Would you be able to share the data to our server to check this?

ReplyQuote
(@clawson)
Main Sequence Star

I think I found out the reason it was not working for me.

I tried extracting Ha/oIII from my one shot colour images by changing the settings in Step (0) away from Adaptive Airy Disk to "Ha-OIII extract Ha" and extract oIII. I thought this'd be a cool way to improve the overall image. This seemed to work OK to get the ha/oiii only images (and I could combine them as well) BUT I was then unable to figure out the specific process on how then integrate that back into my main image.

- Stacking/processing all the Ha/oIII into one image worked without errors

- Stacking/processing all the colour images worked without errors

I found the issue consistently presented itself when I was trying things like

- Trying to in "(1) LOAD" and using "multi-channel/filters" and load the main colour and the previously seperated Ha/oIII subs tagged against Ha and OIII respectively. It generated this error at normalisation even though they loaded and passed analyse stars etc.

- Trying to use the RGB combine the tool in (9)

- Take three already stacked/calibrated images and then simply try to combine them another stacking run

I've put some screen shots below showing the types of subs I was using to try to do this so you can see the exact error messages and how I had APP configured at the time. 

Does this help?

PS While I'm at it, this error could entirely be because I don't know the process on how to take previously extracted Ha/oIII data and put it back into the main colour image. Is there a link to where this has been done before.

Screen Shot 2020 07 21 at 9.57.28 am

Screen Shot 2020 07 21 at 9.52.40 am

Screen Shot 2020 07 21 at 9.32.31 am

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I think the error happens because you're trying to normalizing mono data with RGB data. That doesn't work as one is 1-channel and the other 3-channel, we have to make this easier for sure. What does work is if you first split the RGB into separate channels (tab 2, on the bottom). Then all the data is 1-channel and you can go through the entire process with those.

ReplyQuote
Share: