Error in creating B...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Error in creating BPM in 1.066 if detect bad columns selected, processed, then unchecked and reprocessed.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

In 1.066 I have been trying to create a BPM but have noticed an error if you select "detect bad columns", process the appropriate images to get a BPM, then uncheck "detect bad column" and reprocess. A severe artefact hangs around as if its related to the previously bad column detection causing the values and BPM to be incorrect.

To recreate:

1. Process Darks, Flats and DarkFlats, selecting create Bad Pixel Map with "detect bad columns" unselected
2. View the BPM
3. Check "detect bad columns" and reprocess
4. View the BPM. For me, this isn't appropriate for my camera
5. Uncheck "detect bad columns" and reprocess
6. Data and image changes show the bad column data interfering

First image is Good/Expected
Second image shows that "detect bad columns" has an adverse affect so I uncheck it and reprocess
Third image should be exactly like the first one - same settings (detect bad columns unchecked) but it is wrong and the values are completely wrong too.

BPM NoStrangeArtefact1
BPM BadColumnWrong
BPM BadColumnOff

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @itarchitectkev,

Thank you for sharing this. I will test this myself using APP 1.068 to see if the issue still exists. I will report back on my findings.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @itarchitectkev,

I have tried to reproduce the issue that you described in APP 1.068. But it all works well I believe.

Perhaps the issue was resolved in the latest versions.

Can you test again and let me know if all is allright in APP 1.068 ?

4. View the BPM. For me, this isn't appropriate for my camera

I don't think your camera suffers from bad columns. Your camera has a rather new CMOS sensor 😉 . The bad columns are mostly only an issue with CCD technology.

Thanks in advance 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I can't recreate this on 1.068.

One minor point though - if the option is "*detect* bad columns", then in theory this option shouldn't make any difference if selected or not, but it does. It does affect the BPM. It therefore must be making some wrong decision during it's detection, else it shouldn't be called "detect". Perhaps, "mask bad columns" is more appropriate so it doesn't imply the processing is making a decision?

ReplyQuote
Share: