Different algorithm...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Different algorithms for multi-channel/filter/session processing

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@neverfox)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

I have a five session project where four of the sessions were shot with the L-eXtreme filter and 1 with just UV/IR. My goal was to end up with three master lights: one for the UV/IR session done with Adaptive Airy Disk and two from the L-eXtreme sessions done with both extract Ha and extract OIII. I have everything neatly loaded into APP with channel/sessions assignments and "integrate per channel" selected, so I was expecting that APP would ask me which sessions I want the chosen algorithm to apply to. Instead it normalizes and integrates all of the channels with the chosen algorithm. So I end up with unwanted integrations of either my L-eXtreme sessions done with AAD or my UV/IR session done with extract Ha or OIII. I realize that changing the algorithm requires re-normalizing, but then I would have expected to have the option for the normalization to be done by channel also. It seems that I'm going to have to deselect lights appropriately for each pass rather than using multi-channel magic. Am I missing something?

This topic was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Roman Pearah

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

No that works like intended, however is indeed not what you want. In your case you need different APP sessions to use the algorithm of your choice and then later register and normalize those results in 1 new session. Good one for me to ask Mabula about though, might be nice to make that easier if possible. The sessions are needed when you have different flats per session for instance, but for the same type of data.

celkins reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: