CRITICAL WARNING: f...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

CRITICAL WARNING: flat-field calibration can not be performed correctly!  

RSS

(@javrolijk)
Brown Dwarf Customer
November 11, 2020 20:22  

Hello,

What could be the reason I'm getting a "CRITICAL WARNING: flat-field calibration can not be performed correctly!" message?

I'm getting this message even though the flat and dark flat files were taken with the same equipment on the same night. Is there a way to troubleshoot this error and does it have an influence on the final stack? I'm not using any Bias frames.

As a reference, refer to the attached image.

Screenshot 2020 11 11 152056

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
November 12, 2020 16:18  

When you load a flat and darkflat; do you see it having the same ISO and such?

ReplyQuote
(@jrschmidt2)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
June 7, 2021 04:31  

I am also seeing this message.  It is true that I am not using a bias frame, HOWEVER I am using a flat frame generated by SharpCap with the "subtract bias" option selected during generation.  In this case, SharpCap (presumably) already measured a corresponding bias frame and subtracted it when saving the flat.  In this case, am I correct in assuming that no further bias frame is needed.  Can this message be safely ignored, or is a bias frame required by APP to process correctly even in this scenerio?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 7, 2021 11:55  

Ah, yes in that case APP doesn't know about it. It's always advised to use APP itself to calibrate the data.

ReplyQuote
Share: