Colored centering o...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

[Sticky] Colored centering of the stars, align channels  

RSS

(@daniel_n)
Main Sequence Star Customer
April 19, 2020 10:36  

Hello,

with some stars I have a color border all around. Is it possible to calculate this out when stacking with APP? Or could this function be added by an update?

ASI 183 MC Pro color cam
8" Newton

The photo is enlarged to see it better.

NGC 3628

Thank you!
Daniel

This topic was modified 7 months ago by Daniel Nimmervoll

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 19, 2020 14:55  

This is with one-shot color or using filters?

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_n)
April 20, 2020 09:40  

@vincent-mod

I only used the Astronomik L2 UV-IR Block 2″.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 21, 2020 13:23  

Mm, difficult one for me, you could try to experiment with the pixel interpolation in tab 6, unfortunately I have not a good understanding of which one would help you in this case so it requires some trial and error. If that doesn't change anything, I'm happy to take a closer look at the data later.

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_n)
April 24, 2020 14:54  

I tested the pixel interpolation all through. But it brought no improvement.

I think that comes from the atmospheric dispersion. If the object is not so high.

Would be cool if APP could optimize that. Since this is currently not possible with any other program. As far as I know.

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Neutron Star Customer
April 24, 2020 17:27  

Hello Daniel, try experimenting with the values in diffraction protection. Start the integration with automatic settings and then read the value in the terminal output. Then stop integration and increase the value manually. If that doesn't help, try adjusting to values between 2 and 5. Depends on the optics used.

Maybe play with rejection algorithms.

I hope this helps.

With best regards Henry

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_n)
April 25, 2020 19:47  

Hello,

I experimenting with diffraction protection. But with no attitude I had an improvement.

But I found a way with APP.

So that it goes quickly, I have only stacked 10 pictures.

In tab 2 "Calibrate" I checked "Align channels" at the bottom.
Then all images were saved as a calibrated FITS file.

After that I reloaded and stacked these FITS in APP.

Without "Align channels"

m104 1

With "Align channels"

m104 2

It would of course be great if APP could do this process in one. So you don't have to cache and reload the images.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Daniel Nimmervoll

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 25, 2020 19:55  

Ok, that is a really good call there, it seems it's actually meant specifically for this. Sorry I missed that, I've never had this issue and I also don't save my frames in between so I never saw the explanation to that tool. Thanks for experimenting and letting us know! I'll ask if this can be done more in line with the regular workflow.

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_n)
April 26, 2020 10:51  

Unfortunately, this is not possible without intermediate storage.
If the box "Align channel" is checked and the integration is started directly, the effect will not be visible.

Here again with 6.5 hours exposure time reworked.

Without "Align channels"

M104 ohne

With "Align channels"

M104 mit

The M104 is very low at my location. (20-25 ° altitude) This shows the effect well.

This post was modified 7 months ago by Daniel Nimmervoll

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
April 26, 2020 11:23  

Yes it's not possible right now. I've spoken with Mabula about this and it's not as easy as it may seem to integrate that function in the workflow. It is on his to-do list though so it should be possible in a future version.

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_n)
April 26, 2020 18:59  

I did the same thing with the galaxy from the first post.

after

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Neutron Star Customer
May 3, 2020 18:23  

Hello Daniel, just saw your Youtube video on the subject. I hadn't thought about the option Channel Alignment, I have activated it by default. If you want to combine images from different cameras, you can still get colored artifacts around stars, even if you use the Channel Alignment option. I had this problem when I combined DSLR images with images from my ZWO CMOS camera. Then the diffraction protection helped. 😉 

M.f.G.

This post was modified 7 months ago by minusman

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_n)
May 4, 2020 11:29  

Hello, 

ok cool. Thank you 🙂

For the others... here is the video. But it is in German.

ReplyQuote
(@dav78)
Red Giant Customer
May 8, 2020 17:20  

Hi,

That's very interesting. Thank you for the feedback.

Have you tried the channel alignment with the final integrated image ?

David

ReplyQuote
(@daniel_n)
May 8, 2020 20:53  

Hi,

No, I didn't try that. But think that the quality is better to align the individual RAW images.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
May 10, 2020 14:59  

I've made this thread into a sticky, great stuff. I'll also go through the other stickies that are outdated and such.

ReplyQuote
(@kross)
Brown Dwarf Customer
June 7, 2020 03:20  

Can this be done for the integrations of each filter? Could I do my normal workflow, where at the end I get an integrated image for each filter, and then reload those files back into APP as lights, and then check "Align Channels" and then Save Calibrated Images, and use those in the RGB combine tool?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
June 7, 2020 13:53  

Mmm, good question. I never tried that, but my guess would be that you should be able to do that when it's RGB in the end.

ReplyQuote
(@mikecmp)
White Dwarf Customer
July 20, 2020 14:59  

I definitely see this shooting mono through filters - I will give it a try and see if this workflow solves my problem as well.

ReplyQuote
Share: