Another LRGB questi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Another LRGB question

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@pswilson1)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I was struggling to combine my LRGB images, which are new to me.

After 3 failures due to some sizing error that I don't completely understand (the first time, I failed to check the multi-channel/multi-session boxes for 2 of the 4 filters, but the 2nd 2 tries, I did and still got the error), I finally got APP to stack by integrating all 4 filters from scratch simultaneously.  This yielded a result, but one so bad that I actually forgot to save it!  Ha.

But the final stacked image was still B&W.  When you integrate each channel and all,  and it combines everything, should I get some kind of color result, or do I still have to go back and combine the separate channels?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I'm guessing you have a mono camera? If so, you should be able to load them with just assigning them to the various filters. Not necessarily sessions as that is only really handy when you want to assign multiple different flats that differ between the nights. If the flats are basically the same across the sessions, you can load the L, R, G and B and assign the calibration darks/bias to all of them and the flats per filter. That should produce separate integrations per filter which are registered and normalized against each other. Does that work?

ReplyQuote
Share: