Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Bayer Pattern  

RSS

(@tmyers)
Red Giant Customer
September 24, 2020 18:57  

Recently when combining a R, G, B, Ha, and OIII, I noticed that in the RBG combine the results were messed up. Searched around and discovered that my camera-imaging software were giving me a bayer pattern of GRBG, and not RGGB which was what I had APP set to.

I changed it to GRBG and ran everything again, and in RGB combine the sliders did not change the colors thy were assigned too. I figured out which was which and the image came out decent just complicated.

More research shows that the native pattern for my camera is GRBG. Should I be setting APP up for that pattern all the time?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
September 25, 2020 13:02  

If the capture software does that then yes. It might be interesting to notify the developers of that software to this issue or switching to another capture program.

ReplyQuote
(@tmyers)
Red Giant Customer
September 25, 2020 14:53  

I did contact them with the same question, and they said that FITS inverts the RGGB to GRGB when writing, Sounds like Smoke and Mirrors to me, but I will do some testing to figure it out.

Main question is what is APP looking for when you just leave the setting at supported?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
September 26, 2020 12:27  

The supported just takes what the FITS header mentions it is and processes it accordingly.

ReplyQuote
Share: