Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Bayer Pattern

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tmyers)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Recently when combining a R, G, B, Ha, and OIII, I noticed that in the RBG combine the results were messed up. Searched around and discovered that my camera-imaging software were giving me a bayer pattern of GRBG, and not RGGB which was what I had APP set to.

I changed it to GRBG and ran everything again, and in RGB combine the sliders did not change the colors thy were assigned too. I figured out which was which and the image came out decent just complicated.

More research shows that the native pattern for my camera is GRBG. Should I be setting APP up for that pattern all the time?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

If the capture software does that then yes. It might be interesting to notify the developers of that software to this issue or switching to another capture program.

ReplyQuote
(@tmyers)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I did contact them with the same question, and they said that FITS inverts the RGGB to GRGB when writing, Sounds like Smoke and Mirrors to me, but I will do some testing to figure it out.

Main question is what is APP looking for when you just leave the setting at supported?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The supported just takes what the FITS header mentions it is and processes it accordingly.

ReplyQuote
Share: