Alias on MacOS (Equ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Alias on MacOS (Equivalent to Shortcut in windows) not seen when trying to select files

5 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@michelaudette)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hi,

Often I use Alias / shorcut for Bias, Flats or Dark files.  These files are often shared between acquisitions.  As such, I create Alias directories (Shortcuts) within a specific directory.

For example:  Last night I tool M81 and M63 with the same equipment profile and filters. At the end, I created Flat, Bias and Dark for M63.  Each of them are in a directory within the M63 directory. On the M81 directory I make Aliases directory that opens up the M63 ones.

The problem is that I dont see these Alias directory under APP when I "1) LOAD" my files. Its hard to explain. :). I'm hoping you get my point.

Michel

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes I totally get it, I think you're the first one using it like that. 😉 But I can see the benefit, I would have to ask Mabula if this is possible, I'll get back to you on that.

ReplyQuote
(@mkeller0815)
Main Sequence Star

I just checked locally on my Mac and for me it works. What I did was creating a "symlink" for the directory I wanted to link in to my working directory from the Console. 
It shows up as normal directory in the file dialog in APP. 
What is not working is using an Alias created in Finder, because Finder creates only a MacOS specific proprietary file pointing to the destination by the content of that file instead of a POSIX compatible symlink. 

Mario.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah, very interesting Mario thank you for that! I didn't know this was different from a regular symlink.

ReplyQuote
(@michelaudette)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Ahhhh yes, learning.  I just downloaded a small app that allows you to create Symlink without the use of the terminal and it works perfectly!  Thank you Mario.

ReplyQuote
Share: