Problem with Automa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Problem with Automatic Integration - Speckles

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@midnight_lightning)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi, 

I just tried 1.077 using Ha/OIII/SII data from 4 sessions and using the new "Automatic" Integration method. 

The result is that the final integrations have lots of black speckles when you zoom into the image. 

I re ran just the integration step using Average and Median and the speckles are not there with these methods.

I have a file for each integration method but they are too big to upload at 38MB each so have put in Dropbox here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0hid2fowgc5y07j/AABwUb-udKIriJip7d6APZbqa?dl=0

Also, it would be good to know what settings the Automatic option chooses when used - for example its nice for it to choose Median or Average depending on # frames but I would always want to use Quality.  

Jon

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

You can always use the quality setting, although these settings are not saved , yet. But I guess it shouldn't cause black speckles even on automatic. Thanks for notifying and I'll let Mabula know.

ReplyQuote
Share: