Problem with Automa...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

31 July 2020 - Comet Registration video tutorial using APP 1.083-beta1 released.

30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.

9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Problem with Automatic Integration - Speckles  

RSS

(@midnight_lightning)
Red Giant Customer
February 28, 2020 17:29  

Hi, 

I just tried 1.077 using Ha/OIII/SII data from 4 sessions and using the new "Automatic" Integration method. 

The result is that the final integrations have lots of black speckles when you zoom into the image. 

I re ran just the integration step using Average and Median and the speckles are not there with these methods.

I have a file for each integration method but they are too big to upload at 38MB each so have put in Dropbox here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0hid2fowgc5y07j/AABwUb-udKIriJip7d6APZbqa?dl=0

Also, it would be good to know what settings the Automatic option chooses when used - for example its nice for it to choose Median or Average depending on # frames but I would always want to use Quality.  

Jon

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin
February 29, 2020 23:14  

You can always use the quality setting, although these settings are not saved , yet. But I guess it shouldn't cause black speckles even on automatic. Thanks for notifying and I'll let Mabula know.

ReplyQuote
Share: