Multi-Session Calib...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Multi-Session Calibration: Check Flat Frame Calibration Frames have associated Lights before processing

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi, I just encountered a small issue where I hadn't noticed my Lights were loaded into a different Session than where I thought my Flats were.

i.e.
Light Frames: Session 3
Flats and DarkFlats: Session 1

The result is Calibration gets to the end of processing, then throws a Java NullPointer Exception processing Flats with no further explanation.

Of course the user shouldn't be so careless, but sometimes coffee is slow to ignite the brain matter and I think checking the files prior to a potential lengthy operation is a good thing.

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I've just realised it is possible to process Calibration frames (like Darks) without associated Lights, so perhaps this is isolated to Flats/DarkFlats [I updated the topic to specifically target these]

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @itarchitectkev

Hi, I just encountered a small issue where I hadn't noticed my Lights were loaded into a different Session than where I thought my Flats were.

i.e.

The result is Calibration gets to the end of processing, then throws a Java NullPointer Exception processing Flats with no further explanation.

Of course the user shouldn't be so careless, but sometimes coffee is slow to ignite the brain matter and I think checking the files prior to a potential lengthy operation is a good thing.

Hi @itarchitectkev,

Let me check this, I will get back to you 😉

I've just realised it is possible to process Calibration frames (like Darks) without associated Lights, so perhaps this is isolated to Flats/DarkFlats [I updated the topic to specifically target these]

Off course, that should be possible and I do it all the time ;-). Simply load some darks, bias, flats and create some masters without loading lights, that should work without any issues.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: @itarchitectkev

i.e.

Hi @itarchitectkev,

I just tested this in 1.076 beta4 and no NullPointer is thrown. In which version is this happening and does it happen everytime you try this?

Creating master frames is irrelevant to lights being loaded or not. They will simply be created. If you assinged them incorrectly. Then you can always assign them correctly, by reloading those created masters. You don't need to recreate them ;-).

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: