Clear all

Remove light pollution green boxes disappear 1.077 GL4  

RSS

(@fendium)
White Dwarf Customer
March 1, 2020 21:38  

Hi

I am reporting a bug in the 1.077 version

When in "remove light pollution" tool, the green selec area boxes disappear at certain level of zoom.

As the attached screenshot, i placed the boxes at zoom=45%, then when zooming at 60% disappear, then reappear at zoom=80%. It happens with different images, not related to one in particular.

The boxes are always present, the tool perform calculation even if the boxes are not visible, so it seems only a bug in the view interface.

Older version 1.075 does not have this effect.

Happens only in GL4 mode, bug not present in openGL mode. I am using WIN10 64bit, ryzen2600, radeon HD6750.

Hope it is useful.

ZOOM 45
ZOOM 60
ZOOM 80
This topic was modified 1 year ago by Paolo Manicardi

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
March 1, 2020 22:53  

Thanks for reporting Paolo, I didn't see this in my 1.077.3 version of APP on MacOS. You have the latest 1.077? If you already have that, I'll forward the potential bug to Mabula.

ReplyQuote
(@fendium)
White Dwarf Customer
March 2, 2020 09:58  

@vincent-mod

Yes, latest 1.077 version, (i have only 4 character version number)

I have other 2 pc with different HW (intel notebooks) but i did not check on them yet, they are in the mountains....i will check on them because i suppose is related only to this config. with pretty old radeon GPU.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin
March 2, 2020 14:14  

Hi Paolo @fendium,

Thank you very much for reporting this issue, I will do some testing to see if I can reproduce the issue on my Windows 10 installation.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin
March 3, 2020 17:08  

Dear Paolo @fendium,

I can't reproduce your problem on my Windows 10 system.

I would not be surprised that the problem could be your graphical drivers on your system. Can you please check if you are running the latest graphical drivers from Ati/AMD and not some Windows 10 driver for your videocard?

There are a lof of driver problems unfortunately with these older Ati/AMD graphical chips/cars, so make sure that you are running with the most up-to-date driver made by Ati/AMD and that there is no conflict either, like both a windows 10 AMD radeon driver as an AMD Radeon driver running at the same time.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin
March 3, 2020 23:00  

Hi Paolo @fendium,

I think I have found the problem for your issue 😉 actually and I think I have fixed it and will soon release a new installer so you can check if it works okay now.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@fendium)
White Dwarf Customer
March 8, 2020 00:07  

Hi Mabula & Vincent, thanks for quick reply

I check on my other two notebook (intel based) and both does not have this bug, both in GL4 / OpenGL

Seems clear is a bug related only to this old radeon card; i clean and reinstall the latest WHQL driver: this bug disappear but other appear in other software......time to change GPU 😐 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
March 8, 2020 12:35  

Yes, it's a nasty bug with these cards apparently. Hopefully the external parties are working on it.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin
March 18, 2020 19:51  

Hi Paolo @fendium,

I was able to reproduce your error and I have implement a proper fix for it 😉 It will be included in the next release 1.078.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: