Offer "Yes to All" ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Offer "Yes to All" and "No to All" options for "Do You Want to Overwite File..." dialog

5 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Another small quality of life improvement during calibration - if I make a change and re-do calibration, I may get the pop-up dialog box asking me if I want to overwrite files many times and have to click "yes" over and over.  An option that says "Yes to All" or "No to All" would save considerable time and clicking.

do you want to overwrite file

You might also offer "Cancel Operation" from this dialog in case someone wanted to cancel out.  I know there is a "Cancel" button on the main screen, but sometimes the pop-up modal dialogs come up so fast one after the other that you can't get to the cancel button on the main screen.

Thanks for considering this!

Rowland

This topic was modified 5 years ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Thanks for the suggestions Rowland. I think these are good suggestions, ofcourse with the added bit of danger when clicking the wrong option. 😉 (@mabula-admin)

ReplyQuote
(@itarchitectkev)
Neutron Star

Just adding to this point. It's quite common that a "Yes to all" / "No to all" option exists for many computer operations, and the risk is on the user. Processing is basically a long batch process job, so there should be options applicable to such operations.

I've just walked away from a long multi-filter integration after making amendments, and came back to it only being 1/3rd complete because of a dialog box popping up. 

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi @rowland-f-archer-jr, @vincent-mod & @itarchitectkev,

I have added this to my TODO to make this better 😉

Thanks Rowland and Kev 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@midnight_lightning)
Neutron Star

Ditto for this change. I made a change to the loaded files last night and reran calibration. I had to sit here for 40 minutes waiting for the overwrite messages to appear two at a time. With 5 sessions and 4 filters it took a long time.

ReplyQuote
Share: