Auto HDR when using...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Auto HDR when using multiple exposures

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I would like to see some kind of automatic HDR for the final result, especially the stretched one. For instance, I did M42 Wednesday night with my Pentax K1ii and SharpStar 15028HNT, with 60s subs, 15s subs, and 5s subs, and I did them all with matching darks as session 1, 2, and 3, and of course my flats and dark flats (for some reason APP doesn't like the K1 or K1ii using bias for flat correction and gives horrible results if you try) were all sessions. If this could find the clipped highlights and pull those back using the shorter subs to somehow normalize illumination in those areas to keep them from blowing out (trapezium in this case), but also keep the dust from the longer ones that would be amazing. If that were able to happen I'd do my 5, 15, 60, and then add in 180, and 300 for all that beautiful dust around it.

Here's the autostretched result of this integration so you can see what I mean.

Capture1

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yes, HDR is something for a future version as well. I think Mabula is going to work on things like the noise module after this version (no exact idea though but it is on the list).

ReplyQuote
Share: