Automatic Subframe ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Automatic Subframe Rejection

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

It would be nice if we could set an automatic subframe rejection for subs where the stars weren't quite round or with other defects in them.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@imnewhere On tab 6 all the way at the top there is a slider that allows you to select the percentage of the subs to integrate. Doesn't that do what you are asking for?

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

@wvreeven nope, that would be fine if I were looking at slight outliers on FWHM or something, but what I am looking for is gross outliers. For instance, APP seems to weight on quality, but if you have one sub with oval stars it still integrates it and you no longer have round stars. I've had some that I sent through the whole process and ended up with bad results because I had a few bad subs due to cable drag or a meridian flip. Most of the time all my subs are good, but if I have some bad ones that will still register I want those tossed automatically if possible.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

If you set it to non automatic and on Quality, does that still happen? It shouldn't with enough frames, but maybe if the flaws are really big it may still show up. But what Wouter suggests would also still work, in combination with quality (maybe set it manually to be sure APP is using that one) and then integrating like 90% or so, those bad frames should have low quality (big part of that score is the shape of the stars) and APP will throw those out.

ReplyQuote
(@imnewhere)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Yep, I had a full set with cable drag and it happened. There were maybe 5 good subs out of 60.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

5 good out of 60, ah, but then sorting the list (after you do registration) based on score, it should be very obvious which ones score much lower than the 5 good ones. And then you can simply set that slider Wouter mentioned all the way down to reject almost everything. The list then shows which ones are rejected. But in a case like this I would simply start over anyway.

ReplyQuote
Share: