Suggestions for GUI...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Suggestions for GUI improvements

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@tschens)
Brown Dwarf
Topic starter  

Hello,

here my suggestions:

1) When importing pictures, the programm offers a quite unconventional window which does not support copy/pasting the path to the pics I would like to import. Navigation to the quite deep structure is cumbersome. Why dont you offer the conventional window which is used in lots of other software packages? This would help a lot.

2) A button somewhere in the GUI in order to open the working directory would be nice. This would also accelerate the process of finding the "final" file for further improvement in photoshop or Affinity Photo. Alternatively, a right click on the output files (FITS, TIFF, etc.) which offers "open directory" would be an option.

3) Cropping (batch modify) does not offer the option to keep the original width to height ratio. Sometimes, this missing feature is the only reason for me to re-open the final TIF file in my RAW converter in order to restore the original ratio. Furthermore, in the standard-settings of my RAW converter, there is a very slight denoising applied. This leads to ugly denoising artefacts in my final denoising procedure with Neat Image - another reason why I would be nice to offer "original ratio cropping" in APP.

Regards,

Jens

chris_16 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@tschens Thanks for the suggestions. We will pass them on to Mabula. 

ReplyQuote
Share: