Black Friday & Cyber Monday Sales on Renter's & Owner's licenses - sale will end on the 1st of December 2020 at 12:00 UTC
16 November 2020 - Wouter van Reeven has officially joined the Astro Pixel Processor Team as a moderator on our forum, welcome Wouter 🙂 !
30 July 2020 - APP 1.083-beta1 has been released introducing Comet processing! This 1st beta has comet registration. The stable release will also include special comet integration modes.
9 July 2020 - New and updated video tutorial using APP 1.081: Complete LRGB Tutorial of NGC292, The Small Magellanic Cloud by Christian Sasse (iTelescope.net) and Mabula Haverkamp
2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!
[Closed] Astro Pixel Processor 1.067
Astro Pixel Processor 1.067
- FIXED, LNC & LN Rejection filters, as reported By Vincent Groenewold @supernov in post https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/main-forum/strange-calibration-or-registration-issue/#post-3909
...I suddenly see a hard transition as if a sub is smaller...
Here's the issue;
If you used LNC and a LN outlier rejection filter, this issue could manifest itself on certain datasets. The main cause of the problem was located in the LN rejection filters. They weren't actively working on the boundary areas of the data's entire Field of View. This also was the case for general LNC use. The data analysis involved in both LNC and the LN rejection filters has now been improved/fixed to cover the entire Field of View. This error should no longer occur now. Shown is a clear example of the issue of H-alpha data on the Rosette Nebula, with the bug and with the bug fixed, parameters used in integration were
LNC 1st degree 5 iterations
Outlier rejection: LN MAD Winsor clip 1 x 2.5 kappa
With bug, from left to right, integration, rejection map, normalization map:
Fixed, from left to right, integration, rejection map, normalization map:
- FIXED, PreviewFilter, a bug introduced in APP 1.066, in some cases, the previefilter did not start, preventing the user from loading an image into the image viewer.
- FIXED, BAYER DRIZZLE on FITS,TIFF, JPG Bayer CFA data, if you used Bayer Drizzle Integration on FITS/TIFF or JPG images, a small but nasty image registration bug could manifest itself when you needed to combine data that had big rotations to it, for instance data from both sides of the pier. An example of the issue is shown using data from Anne van Houwelingen @annehouw of the Iris Nebula shot from both pier sides of the mount. To make the issue stand out, Outlier rejection in integration was turned off.
The bug, clearly not all data is registered correctly:
Corrected, all data is now registered correctly:
So if all data had more or less the same field of view and orientation, this bug could have gone unnoticed. But it could still have had the effect of bringing down sharpness of the Bayer Drizzle integrated result.
- ADJUSTED, IMAGE VIEWER, by default, the selectbox scale to fit, above the image viewer, is now deselected.
Astro Pixel Processor 1.066
- IMPROVED, Multi-Channel processing, as requested by Rowland F Archer Jr @rowland-f-archer-jr ( https://www.astropixelprocessor.com/community/rfcs-request-for-changes/check-all-frames-when-loading-darks/ ) I have made some adjustment in the loading options of all the channel data to make it easier and clearer:
- if "All Channels" is selected -> "apply Filter Header Tag" is disabled and any channel selection as well
- if "apply Filter Header Tag" is selected -> "ALL Channels" is disabled and any channel selection as well
- if a channel is selected -> select "ALL Channels" is disabled and "apply Filter Header Tag" is disabled as well.
- And in case of loading bias, darks & dark flats or their Masters, "All Channels" will be selected by default.
- FIXED, CFA DATA CALIBRATION, in case of CFA data where the image dimensions were uneven for FITS, TIFF & JPG frames, calibration did not work. This is now fixed.
- IMPROVED, GUI PreView Filter, several optimizations are made in loading images into the preview filter. The zoombuttons on the sliders were triggered while loading new images and DDP preset stretches which caused a delay in loading the images. This will no longer happen. The progressmonitor while loading images will now popup above the image viewer with a small delay.
- FIXED, Preview Filter, a minor bug was solved. On some images, APP made a huge overstretch, with the auto DDP preset stretches, of the data showing a complete white screen. This should no longer happen.
- IMPROVED, LICENSE & Activated Computers, all license types (Trial, Renter, Owner, Beta) can be used and activated on 3 separate computers. You can now control the computer activations from within APP. If you click on the top left LICENSE button (used to be INFO button). You will see all relevant license information.: You can enter a new license code if needed. You can see which computers are activated with the license if your computer is online. And you can de-activate activated computers if you are online, with separate buttons.
- IMPROVED, OPENGL initialization, on some computers the OpenGL image viewer was not activated, allthough OpenGL drivers were available on the computers. The OpenGL initialization has been improved to do more scanning of the OpenGL capabilities of the machine. First, a hardware enabled OpenGL profile will be forced. If that fails, which it does on some machines, it will simply try to use the best available OpenGL profile on the system without checking if it's hardware enabled.