2022-05-11: APP 2.0.0-beta 1 has been released !!!
Download links per platform:
[Closed] Astro Pixel Processor 1.068
Astro Pixel Processor 1.068
- ADDED/IMPROVED, Bayer CFA debayer algorithmes, I have added 4 new debayer algorithms, especially for so-called Multiple NarrowBand filters like the
- STC Astro Duo Narrowband filter : https://stcoptics.com/en/astro_duo_narrowband/
- OPT TRIAD Tri-Band Narrowband filter : https://optcorp.com/products/opt-triad-tri-band-narrowband-filter
These filters enable you to capture narrowband data from Hydrogen Alpha and from Oxygen III at the same time with a One Shot Color camera (OSC = DSLR or Astronomical Color camera) camera. The OPT filter has a bit broader bandpass so it also includes Hydrogen Beta which is close to OIII.
Since you will capture data, shot with these filters, with your OSC camera in the Red, Green and Blue channels, there are different ways to process the data. You can simply interpret the data directly as it is recorded in RGB (Ha-OIII color). You can interpret it as luminance data, so monochrome (Ha-OIII mono). You can even directly extract the Hydrogen alpha (Ha-OIII extract Ha) and Oxygen III (Ha-OIII extract OIII) data directly from these exposures, which will give you much more control in post-processing. The purpose of the new debayer algorithmes is to enable you to do this directly 😉 by choosing the suitable debayer algorithm:
The 4 new debayer algoritmes are:
- Ha-OIII color
- Ha-OIII mono
- Ha-OIII extract Ha
- Ha-OIII extract OIII
The Ha-OIII color algorithm is an improvement of processing data shot with these kind of filters, over the default Adaptive Airy Disc (AAD) debayer algortihm.
The OIII data quality and sharpness is the same, since the AAD algorithm is perfect for the OIII data that has data in both the green and blue channels.
For the Hydrogen alpha data however, the AAD algorithm is not suitable. The HA-OIII color algorithm will treat the Hydrogen alpha data totally separate from the OIII data and will therefore give a much better reconstruction of the Hydrogen alpha data versus the AAD algorithm. The noise in your H-alpha data will be much lower ;-). In integrations of several frames the Signal To Noise Ratio will be much higher as a consequence.
Example of integrations of 5x of 180 seconds of the Bubble Nebula, data courtesy of Anne van Houwelingen @annehouw :
First the Ha-OIII color, then Ha-OIII mono, Ha-OIII Ha, Ha-OIII OIII, and a very simple bi-color composite of the Ha-OIII Ha + Ha-OIII OIII data showing that you will get much more control of the colors and nebulosity detail in the final composite.
- IMPROVED/FIXED, OpenGL HiDPI Image Viewer, the OpenGL image viewer now correctly draws the images using all pixels available on HiDPI screens like the Retina displays from Apple. Previously, the drawn resolution of the images was only half of the actual resolution available on the HiDPI screens/monitors. So APP will now fully show the resolution of images on HiDPI screens. A big thank you to Mario Pinto @mario-pinto for reporting this issue on his iMac 4k screen.
Example on Macbook Pro 2016 with Retina display, first APP 1.067 without HiDPI implementation, second APP 1.068 with HiDPI implementation. Data shown is the Rho Ophiuchi & Antares cloud complex, courtesy of Stefan Lenz @elgol .
- FIXED, 2) CALIBRATE, the progress monitor showed incorrect information while creating MasterDarkFlats. Reported by @minusman. The actual MasterDarkFlat was created with the correct settings, but the progress monitor showed the settings for a MasterDark instead of a MasterDarkFlat which created the impression that the MasterDarkFlat was created with wrong settings.
- FIXED, Frame List Panel frame column, when a MasterDarkFlat was loaded, a MDF-# mark was missing. This now shows:
- FIXED, PreviewFilter, fixed a couple of minor issues with the previewfilter of enabling/disabling the sliders depending on selection of auto DDP, saturation and the "no stretch (data as is)" preset.
- FIXED, Application Startup, on some Linux distributions, like Ubuntu, with an Ati graphics card in the computer, APP failed to start, giving an error on the commandline:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.InternalError:
>>>> profile: GL3bc -> profileImpl GL4bc !!! not mapped at
This should no longer happen and APP should be able to start properly now.