use of h alpha algo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

use of h alpha algoritme?

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@docgvg)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula,

I have a mod canon...astrodon, they said my H alpa reception would be much beter.

I've integrated mij lights with the h alpha algorirme and i've got a stack that seems a nice h alpha picture. Is this correct and if so....how can i combine it with the rgb lights? They say this combination gives nice results? It would be nice to have cal lights in h alpha and the same in Rgb?

Greetings

Guido

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Guido,

The h-alpha algorithm is meant for the case when you expose your lights with an H-alpha filter, then the h-alpha debayer algorithm will show you the monochrome h-alpha data of your exposures with the h-alpha filter. Was this the case?

If you haven't used a h-alpha filter, then I would suggest to simply used the Adaptive Airy Disc debayer algorithm to get all the signal of your exposures in your images.

If you do have a H-alpha stack and a RGB stack, you can combine these in the RGB Combine tool, after having registered with stacks with each other in 4)Register.

Let me know if this is clear or if you need more help 😉

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@docgvg)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Okay Mabula ...tx...so i will first buy a H-alpha filter ;). I read that you can use it even when full moon....very interesting! 🙂

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Indeed, together with your astrodon modded DSLR it should work very well during full moon 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: