Going idle during a...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Going idle during an integration, Norton?

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@ktman)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

During an integration computer went idle with log showing exceptions. Norton 360 then decided to do background duty, Computer was locked up pretty good until I did a ctrl/alt/del to Norton which wasn't responding anyway. APP pretty much stuck on 30% finished with a few things changing now and then in the log but then same exceptions are listed again. Meter is way down on usage..gonna have to end the process so it seems. There an issue with making APP keep system alive or is it the exceptions shown at issue?, Assuming with the exceptions shown there became no activity and so Norton got involved just after the fact taking advantage of down time...

Crash

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hi Kevin,

This seems to indicate that Norton disrupted APP here. APP creates a temporary file mapping on your harddrive while performing integration. The moment that the IO errors occur, APP is analyisng all frames in your stack for the LNC process, before actual integration. Norton probably decided that this isn't allowed and blocked the proces. Hence the IO errors. (another reason for the IO errors would be a mafunctioning harddrive...).

I don't use Norton myself, but apparently, Norton is the only security program out there that creates issues with APP unfortunately. You need to convince your Norton installation that APP is safe to use. I have studied some Norton information on their site yesterday. There must be settings in which you can do this, but I am not sure yet which at the moment.

Cheers,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@ktman)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Could low space be cause also? I am getting rather short with 30gig left and APP process said it needed 16gig. Not much room left over for things especially if Norton was doing things like defrag. I had been running App integrations with no previous issues with Norton on there.

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Hmm, well maybe then Norton blocked APP because Norton wanted to claim that space for work. Maybe you can set Norton on a different mode, so it won't do defragmentation on the background. Most anitvirus programs can be put on different working modes, maybe Norton as well?

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: