Share:

APP 1.075 has been released !

Forum support from Vincent will be limited between now and  Oktober the 30th, 2019. Mabula will be available for support on the forum though.

2019 September: Astro Pixel Processor and iTelescope.net celebrate a new Partnership!

Running out of RAM  

RSS

(@kingjamez)
White Dwarf Customer
September 18, 2019 22:30  

I'm running out of RAM when integrating large data sets. I have an F/2 imaging system so my exposures are short. I have 16GB of RAM but can't integrate more than 300 or so frames from my ASI183MM. I have several data sets with 600-1000 frames.

Is there anything I can do to integrate this data? Would I loose anything by doing 250 frames at a time and the integrating the resulting integrations based on exposure length? 

Could APP warn me before I spend 3 hours integrating data just for it to die at the end? Could SWAP space be used on my SSD instead of just dying?

-Jim

This topic was modified 1 month ago by Vincent Groenewold - Moderator

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@lead_weight)
White Dwarf Customer
September 19, 2019 00:00  

I had the same issue processing a large data set of 1000+ images. I have 32 GB RAM and had to max it in APP in order to get it to go through. But I actually made several attempts increasing it a few megs here and there, until I got tired of waiting 5 hours for it to process only to find out there was not enough RAM.

------ Andrew
------ www.macobservatory.com

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
September 21, 2019 16:13  

When integrating so many frames, it's better to divide the frames into sub stacks of say 200 and combine those later.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Galaxy Moderator
September 21, 2019 16:19  

ps. Mabula is also aware of this issue, it seems to be a problem when using LNC. Did you have that on?

ReplyQuote
Share: