Problems with creat...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

19 June 2021: Our upload server https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/ has been migrated successfully to our new office with higher upload and download speeds (nearly 10MByte/sec up/down ) ! We now have 1 general upload user called: upload with password: upload. The users upload1 - upload5 have been disabled.

31 May 2021: APP 1.083-beta2 has been released ! APP 1.083 stable will follow soon afterwards. It includes a completely new Star Reducer Tool, New File Saver Module, Improved Comet registration and much more, check the release notes here!

DOWNLOADS are available HERE!

Problems with creating a mosaic 🙁  

Page 1 / 3
  RSS

(@jkbsahner)
White Dwarf Customer
August 24, 2021 10:49  

Hey team APP and community!

I recently captured a big mosaic of the milkyway core with a 135mm lens and now Im struggeling to get it stitched with APP!

In the images blow you can see the problem clearly...

The settings I used were:

Stars:

-triangles

-scale start/stop 1/15

DDC on

Same camera.. off

mosaic mode

Normalization:

standard everything

Integrate:

avarage 

equal

2nd degree LNC with 3 iterations

MBB 15%

I hope we can find the problem and a solution for that!

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
August 24, 2021 11:00  

@jkbsahner Hi Jakob, for mosaics a few tweaks to the settings used by you are necessary. First of all, you may need to increase the number of stars to 2500 or more. In tab 5 you need to use advanced mode. Please give that a try and let us know if it helped.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
August 24, 2021 16:08  

Also set normalization mode (tab 5) to advanced. Maybe, but test the suggestions here first, switching off dynamic distortion correction may also work.

edit: sorry, I see Wouter mentioned advanced already. 😉

ReplyQuote
(@jkbsahner)
White Dwarf Customer
August 24, 2021 16:17  

Hey,

thank you for the quick reply!

I currently have no time to retry the integration because it takes forever...

So generally you can say that my problem comes from the amount of stars that I used for the registration?

The fact that APP is very slow in creating a final image (in my case with that many frames) makes it hard to trubleshoot everything..

I've also encountered a problem that the DDC distorted my image super badly! I will try it as soon as I can with more stars and share my result here! 

My full mosaic contains 100+ pannels so thats gonna be a hard one 😀

Kind regards

Jakob 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
August 24, 2021 16:31  

You can make the panels bigger, by combining a few first and the ending up with maybe 25 or so in the end, that might be a better option also to try and get the data a bit more manageable.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar Admin
August 24, 2021 16:54  
Posted by: @jkbsahner

So generally you can say that my problem comes from the amount of stars that I used for the registration?

Adding to what Vincent already replied: no, what we are saying is that you need to select advanced mode in tab 5 😉

ReplyQuote
(@jkbsahner)
White Dwarf Customer
August 26, 2021 11:21  

Hey guys,

I did a new run and this time with (maybe way to many stars but I didnt care haha) approximately 20000 stars per image and with nomalization mode: advanced and after pretty much 24hrs I got this!

its perfect now! no problems anymore 🙂

Now Im going to calculate the big panorama and that will take 48 hrs I think but I really want this panorama stitched in APP because I had alot of problems in other programs with other processing techniques...

Thanks for your help!

Jakob

ReplyQuote
(@jkbsahner)
White Dwarf Customer
September 9, 2021 18:53  

Okay after 2 weeks of trying everything I ended up with basically the top and bottom half of the mosaic...
APP is not able to register these two images with ALL different settings...

All things I tried didnt work and I dont have the time and power to invest more time into that because everything takes ages haha

I dont know why APP is failing to register these 2 images because there is more than enough overlap between the images!

Do you have some ideas how it could work?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 9, 2021 19:30  

Yes, very wide mosaic can be a bit challenging still. How many separate panels do you have right now? Would it be feasible to upload them for us to try?

ReplyQuote
(@jkbsahner)
White Dwarf Customer
September 9, 2021 20:17  

@vincent-mod The intire mosaic contains 103 pannels :/ The folder is 13,6gbs big. The 2 bigger parts are almost 9gb/s in total... I dont know where to upload them haha but its possible yeah 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 9, 2021 20:29  

Yeah that will take a while. 🙂 Maybe compressed and then to our server? If it takes forever, we might want to try a different route, but I'm getting curious now as well on how to stitch it and to see if there is an issue with some panels.

Our server is here: https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com

Use upload as username and upload as password.

Create a directory named “jkbsahner-mosaicStitchIssue” and upload in there. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@jkbsahner)
White Dwarf Customer
September 9, 2021 20:45  

@vincent-mod Okay thank you! I just started the upload 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 9, 2021 23:05  

I'm not sure my laptop will like the amount of data, but I guess we'll find out. 😉 Thanks for trying.

ReplyQuote
(@jkbsahner)
White Dwarf Customer
September 10, 2021 02:04  

@vincent-mod The upload is done!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 10, 2021 08:27  

May take a while for me to process, but I'll start on it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 10, 2021 12:54  

One follow up question; what camera did you use? I need to know about the sensor.

ReplyQuote
(@jkbsahner)
White Dwarf Customer
September 10, 2021 13:22  

@vincent-mod Sony a7s, so fullframe and a 135mm lens

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 10, 2021 13:33  

Perfect! Thanks, continueing the investigation. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin
September 10, 2021 14:58  

Ok, panels 1-20. Processing on my laptop took about 1.5-2 hours for this one. I used "calibrated projective" and put in your focal length and pixel size. This can speed up processing quite a bit. I also switched on LNC and that bascially took the most time out of all processing. Instead of rectilinear projection, I used equirectangular projection and when registration was finished, I checked the panels a bit using the option on top for "registered" frames. This will put the frame in the viewer on the spot where APP puts it after registration and correction. That way you can check if all is looking well before going through the lengthy integration process.

Panels1 20

Ok, I'm going further with set 2. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@jkbsahner)
White Dwarf Customer
September 10, 2021 15:59  

@vincent-mod Okay sounds good so far! I have to add that the pannels are not sorted. At the end there are pannels that only fit with the top, bottom or top right side... Those are frames that I had to reshoot. I also only uploaded the pannels like 1-20,... because the upload window kicked me out 2 times, so I decided to split those files

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: