Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Starless images

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dtc1999)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I did remember or hear correctly that the next APP update will include a star removal tool?

If so, will I be able to remove the stars, do my processing, and then add the stars back after?

The reason for asking is my WO Redcat scope always leaves me with halos around bright stars in my image and I have been researching for some time now ways to remove the halos. By removing the stars and only leaving the nebula and halos in the image, it would be possible to "heal" or "blend" out the halos (using other software) and then adding the stars back to the halo-less image.

I have read that this is possible with PI and PS, but I have little to no experience with those. Wondering if something like this is coming to APP?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hi Damian,

Well, APP now is in beta with a star reduction algorithm which is being improved upon. It also allows for star removal and in the future something like putting back stars is likely possible. It's not yet though and may take some time. At the moment people indeed do this with PS, PI, but also try the "remove stars" from APP and then put stars back using PS. I personally never did that so you'd have to find an online resource for that unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
Share: