Problem starting AP...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Problem starting APP (1.068) on MacOS Mojave

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@wvreeven)
Quasar
Topic starter  

Hi,

Today I tried to start APP on MacOS Mojave and no UI was shown though the application didn't crash. I then started it from the command line and saw this:

removed link $> ./AstroPixelProcessor
Oct 09, 2018 1:59:33 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
WARNING: Failed to load the GDAL native libs. This is not a problem unless you need to use the GDAL plugins: they won't be enabled.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gdaljni in java.library.path
Oct 09, 2018 1:59:33 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.plugins.turbojpeg.TurboJpegUtilities loadTurboJpeg
WARNING: Failed to load the TurboJpeg native libs. This is not a problem, but the TurboJpeg encoder won't be available: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: removed link
Oct 09, 2018 1:59:33 PM it.geosolutions.util.KakaduUtilities loadKakadu
WARNING: Failed to load the Kakadu native libs. This is not a problem unless you need to use the Kakadu plugin: it won't be enabled. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no kdu_jni in java.library.path

Can you please advise me which MacOS packages to install and how to install them (AppStore, homeBrew)? Or is this something that should be fixed in APP?

Thanks, Wouter van Reeven

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Hi Wouter (fellow Indi user! 😉 ),

I've never seen this issue before and 1.068 does start normally here on Mojave. It may be a very silly suggestion, but could you try a full restart?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent (fellow INDI user 😉 ),

I am so used to not having to reboot that I never thought of that. When I start APP from the command line I still see the same messages but now a few more and then APP starts. FYI the messages are

$>  removed link 
Oct 09, 2018 10:50:44 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.gdalframework.GDALUtilities loadGDAL
WARNING: Failed to load the GDAL native libs. This is not a problem unless you need to use the GDAL plugins: they won't be enabled.
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gdaljni in java.library.path
Oct 09, 2018 10:50:44 PM it.geosolutions.imageio.plugins.turbojpeg.TurboJpegUtilities loadTurboJpeg
WARNING: Failed to load the TurboJpeg native libs. This is not a problem, but the TurboJpeg encoder won't be available: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load library: removed link
Oct 09, 2018 10:50:44 PM it.geosolutions.util.KakaduUtilities loadKakadu
WARNING: Failed to load the Kakadu native libs. This is not a problem unless you need to use the Kakadu plugin: it won't be enabled. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no kdu_jni in java.library.path
2018-10-09 22:50:50.663 AstroPixelProcessor[504:3878] WARNING: NSWindow drag regions should only be invalidated on the Main Thread! This will throw an exception in the future. Called from (
0 AppKit 0x00007fff39a842e3 -[NSWindow(NSWindow_Theme) _postWindowNeedsToResetDragMarginsUnlessPostingDisabled] + 386
1 AppKit 0x00007fff39a8168c -[NSWindow _initContent:styleMask:backing:defer:contentView:] + 1488
2 AppKit 0x00007fff39a810b6 -[NSWindow initWithContentRect:styleMask:backing:defer:] + 45
3 libnativewindow_macosx.jnilib 0x000000014d54f3fe Java_jogamp_nativewindow_macosx_OSXUtil_CreateNSWindow0 + 398
4 ??? 0x00000001151af6e7 0x0 + 4649055975
)

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Yeah, I'm not very used to that either anymore, but in these kind of cases it could be that some library wasn't loaded properly or an update screwed with something which is usually fixed during a reboot. The old, pull the plug out and back in trick. 🙂 No idea if those messages signal something really wrong, @mabula-admin will know. My guess is that it's fine as it states these plugins that failed aren't needed when not used and the other messages seem to be invoking the OSX calls to open a window and such, so that's normal.

ReplyQuote
Share: