"Incompatible Sizes...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

"Incompatible Sizes" This keeps happening to me!

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@pswilson1)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I spent 3 nights doing RGB on M81.  The camera didn't stay on the scope so a couple of the channels had to get post-rotated. I also tried to do LP corrections on each channel prior to combining.  Is this a mistake?  All 3 channels were stacked from scratch at the same time.  I ended up with "Incompatible Sizes".  Again!  So I am dead in the water with good data.  Very frustrating.

What do I need to do to ensure that this doesn't keep happening to me?  At what step are sizing differences introduced?  I do "no stretch", keeping the images linear.

When is it "safe" to rotate and do LP adjustments?    At what point should I hit "OK and save" to prevent the stupid computer from mis-sizing the images?  They are all un-binned, so nothing like that is happening.  Life is short to contemplate having to go shoot 3 more nights of the same target.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

I guess you still have the raw data right? If so, then we should be able to solve this. If not, I might have to get a look at some of the data.

But normally you don't have to rotate the images yourself, APP does this automatically during registration. The LP correction can be done per channel, but I would do it at the end when all is integrated, it doesn't make a lot of difference and might even be a bit better, because the background per channel will be different anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@pswilson1)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

@vincent-mod

When the 3 channels all were integrated, it showed the 3 integrations.  The individual stacks were all rotated on the screen, not level.  The LP removal could have waited.  So, I attempted to re-rotate the off level images.  And I attempted to run LP correction on them.  That's what was done that I don't normally do.  Which of those procedures introduced new sizing dimensions to the stacks?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The dimensions can change a bit when integrating, due to slight misalignments and such. But that's usually not an issue. You know, maybe I got what is happening...

Did you try to combine the R, G and B and then ran into dimension issues? If so, this because you need to first register and normalize those integrations against each other first. So you get the 3 integrated files and you load them in again as lights. Then you go to the normalize tab, activate normalization and when done, save the normalized frames. Those then can be combined.

ReplyQuote
Share: