Hypothetical mosaic...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Hypothetical mosaic: 360 degrees wide by 1 degree high captured near the NCP

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@oopfan)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

I've successfully created mosaics using APP in the past, but the largest subject measured only 4 by 3 panels in an area near the celestial equator. It worked great.

Now, I am trying something different. I want to create a mosaic of a 24-hour "stripe" at 85 degrees declination. It is nothing more than an idea right now, but I am trying to imagine what the mosaic will look like. Will it be donut-shaped? Or will it be rectangular with the north-facing part stretched to fit?

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

When you do that you'd need the "calibrated projective" option in tab 4, for the registration model. This will add extra projection options in that tab as well, where you can see what APP makes of it. I'd advice to then first click on "register" in that tab, then looking at the "l-c-registered" preview on top of the APP preview panel. This will allow you to double-click on each light and see where it ends up in the preview, this way you don't have to waste time waiting for the entire integration.

ReplyQuote
Share: