HSL Selective Color...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

HSL Selective Color giving bizarre results

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@kross)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I cannot get HSL Selective Color to work at all for me. No matter how small an adjustment I make, it makes huge, unusable adjustments.

Example, here's an image that I start with.

APP before

I then select GREEN color, and make the smallest possible adjustment to the B<->YE slider, setting it to -0.01. Here's the result:

APP after

I tried this on two different computers, with two different versions of APP (1.070 and 1.064)

Help!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@explorer7377)
White Dwarf

Kross,

are you processing NB data and are you trying to take the green cast out?

ReplyQuote
(@explorer7377)
White Dwarf

Sorry. Forgot to add a link. If you ARE doing NB and trying to rid the green coverage for Hubble pallet coloring (you probably are already doing this anyway), when you are in RGB combine, you set OIII and SII to green channel along with Ha. Use the multiplier sliders to adjust even more (sliders on very top of the channel settings). Increase OIII and SII multipliers to offset. You can use selective color later to sharpen colors.

If none of this applies, then disregard. Was just trying to help.

See Mabula's video on Vimeo. Specfically covers this around the 24:00 mark.

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: Kevin Ross

I cannot get HSL Selective Color to work at all for me. No matter how small an adjustment I make, it makes huge, unusable adjustments.

Example, here's an image that I start with.

APP before

I then select GREEN color, and make the smallest possible adjustment to the B<->YE slider, setting it to -0.01. Here's the result:

APP after

I tried this on two different computers, with two different versions of APP (1.070 and 1.064)

Help!

Hi Kevin  @kross,

Yes, the information in your screenshots woudl indicate that something strange happens with your data. Could you send me the particular file so I can have a look?

The minor adjustment that you do, should really not be visible as a change.

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@kross)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

Sure, here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/px29msxpui1ls03/combine-RGB-image-lpc-cbg.fits?dl=0

ReplyQuote
Share: