Green colour overal...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Green colour overall despite the correct debayer with optolong L-extreme

38 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@minusman)
Black Hole

Hello Wouter, would then be calculated with a minus as a sign / 10 to the power of 3?

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@minusman Sorry, I forgot to mention that. 10 to the power of -3 = 0.001 or 1/1000.

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole

Thank you very much Wouter, Now I can start with the numbers. Because when normalizing a stack, scientific notation comes up too. Unfortunately I couldn't do much with it, but now I know.

ReplyQuote
(@rudibarani)
White Dwarf

Dear Mabula, @mabula-admin

thank you very much for your time and the thorough analysis. I can reproduce the histograms you describe above and get what you believe causes the problem. I have checked every single frame from the lights, darks, bias and flats and they all have the Offset of 30 you mention. The ASIAir does not even offer an option to modify the offset - it seams to be built in. The only parameter that one can change are the temperature and the gain settings.

Next, I rebuilt all master files having verified that the Offset is 30 on all input files - and the resulting master file show values in the "high" 1920 range you show above. This is also the case with all other master-files from other imaging sessions. Maybe that's okay after all?

Do you have any other idea what causes this problem?

Thanks for pondering about this,

Phillip

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole

Hello Philipp, you can upload 5 pieces of each calibration image (DARK, darkflat or bias & flat). No master files. There you can better judge what is going on with the files.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Quasar

@rudibarani Actually that was going to be my next suggestion. Can you do that and let us know as soon as the data are there? Please use the same directory as before. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@rudibarani)
White Dwarf

Dear Wouter, @wvreeven

thanks for the chance to upload additional data to help solve my problem. 

I have uploaded darks, bias and flats - 5 files each. 

Flats were created using the Lacerta Flatfield Box and the auto-exposure function of the ASIAir. 

If you need additional data / information, please let me know.

Best,

Phillip

ReplyQuote
(@minusman)
Black Hole

Hello Phillip, when I look at the statistics of the data I see that the exposure time for this filter is still much too short. The Mean ADU value is only slightly above that of the darkframe despite the 300s. This is also visually visible by the stripes in the lights. I have the same camera and always expose so that the stripes in the lights almost disappear. But this does not explain the bad darkframe calibration. I can only assume, maybe a USB connection problem.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: