Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Green colour overall despite the correct debayer with optolong L-extreme  

RSS

(@nicholas64)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 18, 2021 13:04  

Hi all is anyone else getting issues with the L-extreme when wanting to process rgb colour images?

for some reason they turn out completely green, ha extract and )3 extract and recombining all work fine but straight out rgb for some reason gives me this strange result

Screen Shot 2021 01 18 at 11.01.51 pm

Asi 294mc pro camera

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Nick Axaris

ReplyQuote
(@nicholas64)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 18, 2021 13:08  

Forgot to add in Deep skystacker it works as normal.

ReplyQuote
(@nicholas64)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 18, 2021 13:35  

Weird thing is my Rosette data is fine that debayerred properly

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
January 18, 2021 13:47  

@nicholas64 I have taken many images using an L-Extreme filter and they come out just fine. What camera do you use? What file format are the input images in? What calibration frames do you use? What algorithm is selected in tab 0? Do you change any of the settings in tabs 1 to 6 of do you use the defaults (which we recommend you do)?

ReplyQuote
(@nicholas64)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 19, 2021 00:20  

@wvreeven

Camera is 294mcpro

Funny thing is this is the first time this has happened, my rosette data was fine just this M42 was an issue.

I used the defaults, force rggb , etc nothing seemed to change it. It still comes out Green. Just the M42 data from that night.

Only thing I can think of is that the data may have been corrupted or there was some intermittent interference  as there was some horrible banding when it was stretched.

Weird.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
January 19, 2021 01:41  

@nicholas64 What software do you use to take the pics? Did you update it recently? Any driver (ascom, indi) updates? 

ReplyQuote
(@nicholas64)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 19, 2021 02:36  

ASIAIR pro 30 second subs  120 of them  fit files darks etc. everything as per normal just that horrible green

I tried the defaults, tried the rggb bggr hao3 debayering etc etc etc and green each time. When i extracted ha and 03 then did a colour combination it worked fine in Hoo1 and Hoo2

As I said it's just the data from the M42 acquisition, my Rosette data seemed fine and worked.

I'm pretty sure there was an acquisition glitch as it only is that bit of data that seems to have been affected.

ReplyQuote
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin
January 19, 2021 11:52  

@nicholas64 That's really strange indeed. If you want you can upload the files to

https://upload.astropixelprocessor.com/

and user username and password upload5. Please create a folder called nicholas64_green and place the files in there. Then I can have a look and try to help you salvage your data. Not sure if I will succeed though.

Also, please check the settings of the camera driver and make sure that the white balance for red and blue both are set to 0.5. ZWO for some reason that's beyond me uses 0.52 and 0.95 for red and blue respectively and that messes up the color balance in the end. However, I don't think that's what happened here though I don't know what did.

ReplyQuote
(@nicholas64)
Brown Dwarf Customer
January 20, 2021 01:10  

Thanks Wouter

I am holidays with dodgy internet here in Australia at the moment, I will endeavour to upload dat next week when I am back home.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Share: