Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Error in module

7 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@solo05)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I hope someone can help with my problem.

I have a data set which, after loading lights, darks, bias and flats, runs the calibration tab and I can look at the maste results on screen and all look fine.

I press callibrate stars and get a screen pop up and that is as far as it will go.

screen shot

Is this a data set problem or the programme ?

Regards

Steve

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Might be an issue in the calibration data, what happens when you integrate without any calibration frames?

ReplyQuote
(@solo05)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

I am just trying the same data on another computer.

When thats done I will try without calibration frames.

S

ReplyQuote
(@solo05)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

OK so it turns out the bias files are the problem.  Leave them out and all goes to plan.

The only difference I can see is the colour space. lights are 16b RGB and NO in CFA column

Bias frames are 16b Grey and RGGB in the CFA column.

I think I read something about APT doing its Bias frames in grey because thats what it does for CCD mono.  I think I will have to find out how to do colour bias frames as that seems to be the problem.

Regards

S

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

That might be of influence (not 100% sure), at least we narrowed it down now. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@solo05)
White Dwarf
Topic starter  

So, as far as I can tell ticking the force CFA in the 0 tab has cured the problem.  All files went through the complete process with no issues.

Found this by reading similar problem by another member and just trying it out.  The file set was created in APT if that makes any difference.

S

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Ah, yes that could be the issue. Some capture software don’t add proper FITS keywords in the resulting subs and APP then can’t know what the type of data is.

ReplyQuote
Share: