Does APP 1.062 requ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Does APP 1.062 require new Master calibration frames?

5 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Hi Mabula -

APP 1.062 looks like another fantastic release, thanks for all your hard work!  I've set up a large multi-session / multi-channel integration run now.

1.061 required us to redo the master calibration frames (Dark, Bias, etc.).  Can I use master frames created with 1.061, or does 1.062 also require me to re-create the masters?

Cheers,

Rowland

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gregwrca)
Black Hole

yes, they will work

This post was modified 6 years ago by Greg Watkins

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rowland-f-archer-jr)
Neutron Star
Topic starter  

Thanks Greg!

Mabula-Admin reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: Rowland F Archer Jr

Hi Mabula -

APP 1.062 looks like another fantastic release, thanks for all your hard work!  I've set up a large multi-session / multi-channel integration run now.

1.061 required us to redo the master calibration frames (Dark, Bias, etc.).  Can I use master frames created with 1.061, or does 1.062 also require me to re-create the masters?

Cheers,

Rowland

Hi Rowland @rowland-f-archer-jr,

Thank you very much 😉 I am glad that you like it !

APP 1.062 had some fixes, adjustments, additions in the calibration engine, but the actual calibration algorithms to apply the calibration data to your light frames wasn't changed. From APP 1.060 to 1.061 the complete engine changed including these algorithms, requiring new masters to be created, at least the Masterdarks to make sure that everything works as expected. 

A major flaw that required to rebuild the calibration engine had to do with black clipping of data in the calibration process when bias and darks were both used, that issue is now solved 😉

As it is right now, I don't expect that you will need to recreate new master in future versions because I think it all works perfectly now. So the masters of APP 1.061 should work in APP 1.062 and later 😉

Off course for new data, you should probably create new flats, but the MasterBias and MasterDarks already created should work fine (provided exposure, iso/gain & temperature match or dark scaling can be used effectively).

Kind regards,

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Universe Admin

Posted by: gdwats@comcast.net

yes, they will work

Thanks Greg 😉 @gregwrca

ReplyQuote
Share: