Bad Pixel Map for C...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Bad Pixel Map for Cooled MonoCamera?

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@aditya_photos)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Hello Admin,

I have used a Bad pixel map for my DSLR as a super calibration frame. I made it around a year ago by integrating approx 8 hours of 5min subs at room temperature. It still works great. and since then I never used dark frames. Only BMP, Flats, and Master Bias.

Recently, I have switched to ASI 1600MM GT (mono) camera. I want to know if making BPM for a cooled mono cam works as it worked for my DSLR. What would be the best way to make it if it works and provides an advantage (along with the dark frames library)? Do i need to use master dark too?

Is the BPM sensor temperature dependent? if yes, then which temperature should I choose? I usually image at -10 degree C sensor temperature. Should I make it at ambient temperature without cooling? and the same for Flat frames (Temperature, filter, etc) 

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

The BPM is independent of camera settings, including temperature. It's a map of the characteristics of your sensor and the best way to create a good one is to use a few long, uncooled darks. You can indeed just use a BPM, but only if you don't have amp-glow. If you have amp-glow, darks are still vital.

ReplyQuote
(@aditya_photos)
Main Sequence Star
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my camers has amp glow so i would definitely need master dark. But i would make a Good BPM by shooting darks as worst as possible 😅😅 such as ambiannt temperature and high gain.

Thanks again

ReplyQuote
Share: