Adding FITS - integ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

15th Feb 2024: Astro Pixel Processor 2.0.0-beta29 released - macOS native File Chooser, macOS CMD-Q fixed, read-only Fits on network fixed and other bug fixes

7th December 2023:  added payment option Alipay to purchase Astro Pixel Processor from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other countries where Alipay is used.

Adding FITS - integration or light?

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@brendanc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Hi,

I'm doing a complex stack, which I've decided is easier if I create several stacks (from the original CR2 subs), then stack the FITS results.

When I import most of the FITS files, I'm given the choice of treating them like an integration - at least I think that's what it's saying, the message confuses me. So, first question is, if I just want to use the FITS files like subs, do I click Yes, or No?

Also, I have just one stack that doesn't offer me that option, and just imports it as a Light. Why would this be?

Thanks, Brendan

ReplyQuote
(@brendanc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Any takers?

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

If you want to use the integrations as new "lights" again to stack them, you select no and they'll be treated as lights.

ReplyQuote
(@brendanc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Thank you.

Is there any reason however why I wasn't given that option with just one of my FITS files? It just imported straight as a light. I even restacked it and it did the same thing.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

If that was an unmodified integration then I think it should ask you indeed. Was it a straight integration that wasn't changed?

ReplyQuote
(@brendanc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

Yes - just like all the others, but I wasn't given the option.

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Universe Admin

Interesting, are you using version 1.083? It should ask it I think, depending on the information it has per fits file. Anyway, shouldn't influence it in what you want to do.

ReplyQuote
(@brendanc)
Red Giant
Topic starter  

I'm running 1.083 Beta3 so I'll download the latest version, see if that behaves differently. I also have 1.082 on another machine so I'll try it on that too. I thought it was odd - sort of implies that something in the FITS header isn't telling APP that it's an integration.

ReplyQuote
Share: