Error message: Enco...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

[Solved] Error message: Encountered a Fits Exception while saving... Error message: Invalid FITS value: [UGC9749 553mm f5_1 ISO 3200 15s Klar 4?209.ARW]

(@jochen-scharmann)
Main Sequence Star Customer
Topic starter  

After Integration completed  I received the above warning without the Integration being saved. ARW is a RAW format file of my Sony A7, but I don't understand how this relates to saving a FITS file. Also, I don't know where the numer 4?209 originates from, I did not enter this. I reproduced this error running Monterrey 12.4 and APP 2.0.0 beta1 on M1 Max

Edit by Mabula: FIXED in 2.0.0-beta3

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by Mabula-Admin

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@wvreeven)
Galaxy Admin

@jochen-scharmann I see a question mark in the file name in the popup. This may indicate that there is a non-ascii character in the filename and given the location of the question mark I suspect a degrees symbol º. Can you rename the file(s) to not have that character and see if that works? If it does then we will know what to fix in APP. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@jochen-scharmann)
Topic starter  

I actually removed the degree symbol and redid the Integration with the same result - the is another thread by Francis Moreau on this - maybe it is possible to catch this using a sanity check when entering the file name, rather than having this annoying roadblock at the end of the integration.

Having said this, if I am not mistaken UTF-8 should cover such characters, I am entering the Temperature to Lights and Darks to pick the correct darkframes. this worked in 1.083 without any issues, so it should do so in 2.0 as well, which was also confirmed by Francis. Maybe You and Vincent can link the two threads, it seems to be the same error.

Thanks,

Jochen 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

We already are. 😉 Of course it's annoying, but it shouldn't even happen, so it may be a bug in this beta. That's also why it's a beta. 😉 Thanks for reporting!

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Just got word from Mabula, it would be great if you could upload 5 frames that show this issue (please test if they do after integration) and then upload to our server;

ReplyQuote
(@jochen-scharmann)
Topic starter  

Hi Vincent I uploaded 5 Lights, 1 MasterDark and 1 MasterFlat. I verified the error - it pops up after integration on the first frame in the file list, though I made sure to omit the degree character when entering "object name" in the setup dialog.

Hope this helps.

Keeping fingers crossed for beta 2!

Jochen

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Thanks a lot Jochen, we will tackle this asap.

ReplyQuote
(@jochen-scharmann)
Topic starter  

Hi,

this didn't seem to make it in beta 2. Is it fixed anyway and should I try or rather wait for beta 3?

thanks,

Jochen 

ReplyQuote
(@vincent-mod)
Quasar Admin

Might not have made it indeed, I'm checking with Mabula. It will definitely be addressed.

ReplyQuote
(@chris1211)
Hydrogen Atom Customer

Encountered a Fits Exception while saving...
Error message: Invalid FITS value: [0.10?C_bin1x1_ZWO ASI6200MM Pro_0031_ODK12.fits]

I have got the same Problem.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Christian Gsell

ReplyQuote
(@slagrim)
Hydrogen Atom Customer

Posted by: @chris1211

Error message: Invalid FITS value: [0.10?C_bin1x1_ZWO ASI6200MM Pro_0031_ODK12.fits]

I have got the same Problem.

Same here:

Error message: Invalid FITS value:2022-05-26-NGC 7023-LIGHT-Ha-480.00s-250-(-10.00°)-036

I tried to run the process from the beginning without this file and it does the same thing on the other file. What I noted: APP showing reference file as problematic: Invalid FITS value...

Will try to remove degree sign in all files and run APP again, will see what happen. 

ReplyQuote
(@slagrim)
Hydrogen Atom Customer

With no temperature degree sign APP saves integrated image. The trick is I removed this sign on Light frames only! Dark, Flat, Dark Flat do have the sign. Could be nice to fix it but now I will be using format some like this: -10.0C

ReplyQuote
(@jochen-scharmann)
Topic starter  

Hi,

I can confirm removing the degree sign on the lights did the job. This is strange as this was a non-issue in 1.083 and it only seems to happen while saving the integration file (which does NOT have the degree sign), after the whole process completed successfully.

Cheers,

Jochen

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Hi all, @jochen-scharmann, @slagrim, @chris1211,

This issue is solved now and thus will be fixed in 2.0.0-beta3.

It was caused by the reference file name having non-ascII characters like a degree sign or something else. We store the reference file name in the FITS metadata of the integration and FITS strings must be ASCII, UTF-8 is not compatible with FITS Tags.

I have solved it by replacing any non-ASCII character in the reference file name by a - :

HDU1 - NORMSCAL= 'BWMV ' / normalization scale/dispersion calculation
HDU1 - NORM-BGN= 'neutralize bg' / normalization background neutralization
HDU1 - NOTE-10 = 'REFERENC tag: used reference frame'
HDU1 - REFERENC= 'UGC9749 553mm f5_1 ISO 3200 15s Klar 4-027.ARW'
HDU1 - COMPMODE= 'full ' / composition mode

Mabula

ReplyQuote
Share: