Version 2.0 Stalls ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2022-05-29: APP 2.0.0-beta2 has been released !

Release notes

Download links per platform:

windows 2.0.0-beta2

macOS x86_64 2.0.0-beta2

macOS arm64 M1 2.0.0-beta2

Linux DEB 2.0.0-beta2

Linux RPM 2.0.0-beta2

Version 2.0 Stalls when Processing One Shot Color Imagers on iTelescope.net

(@tardigrade)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
Topic starter  

This is a reprint of a discord msg left on the iTelescope Discord Server to their staff.  Hope this can be of help here.

"Thought this might be of interest. I have downloaded the new beta release of APP and have found that it stalls and or fails to process the Color images on T02, T68, (did not try T69). Starts slowing down early but stalls completely on integration. Admittedly I have a bare bones iMac (see attachment) was never able to multitask on 1.083.2 but it made it through. I have to reload 1.083.2 to process color images. Hope this helps, don't have a contact email for Mabula so maybe you can pass this on. Hope this Helps"

Screen Shot 2022 05 14 at 9.49.56 AM

ReplyQuote
(@mabula-admin)
Quasar Admin

Posted by: @tardigrade

This is a reprint of a discord msg left on the iTelescope Discord Server to their staff.  Hope this can be of help here.

"Thought this might be of interest. I have downloaded the new beta release of APP and have found that it stalls and or fails to process the Color images on T02, T68, (did not try T69). Starts slowing down early but stalls completely on integration. Admittedly I have a bare bones iMac (see attachment) was never able to multitask on 1.083.2 but it made it through. I have to reload 1.083.2 to process color images. Hope this helps, don't have a contact email for Mabula so maybe you can pass this on. Hope this Helps"

Screen Shot 2022 05 14 at 9.49.56 AM

Dear Frank, @tardigrade

That all sounds very weird and has never been reported before...

Maybe you can share the data that you are trying to process from iTelescope.net. Maybe it is a data issue of some sort?

Multi-Task not working on 1.083.2 is really off... Can't APP use the different CPU Threads of your iMAC?

Having to reload it, to be able to load color images is also never reported before, so I really think something very weird is happening.

Mabula

ReplyQuote
(@tardigrade)
Hydrogen Atom Customer
Topic starter  

Mabula,

Thx for the quick response, by mutlitasking I mean I need to quit all other tasks Safari, Pages, etc to stop APP from slowing down or stopping with some images when using 1.083.2 or previous versions, even that does not help with 2.0.  At this time I am having the issue with just the color camera images as I said, haven't done much else in LRGB or SHO yet. 

These are standard iTelescope calibrated image files for T02 and T68, i.e.

calibrated-Color-T02-fkenney8111.gras-IC5070-20220513-035245-Color-BIN1-E-150-001.fit

I will send data per your upload instructions.

Love APP, devoted

Thx again

ReplyQuote
Share: